Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tips for installing TF 2.5 Coil Kit?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to start the lift this morning! Hopefully it will go well. I may come back here for help if I have issues.....
Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drgreybow
I'm about to start the lift this morning! Hopefully it will go well. I may come back here for help if I have issues.....
I'll PM my cell number to you, just in case.

Joe
Old 09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

My TF 2.5 Spring Lift arrived last night. I will be doing it next week, so if you find something else useful, please update he post. Good luck.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got the lift finished yesterday. Took longer than I thought it would especially with the prep work I did. According to my measurements, I got a little over 3 inches with this lift. It rides great! So far I'm very happy with it. I just hope i can make it on these 32's til they wear out. I've already got the itch to switch to 35's!

Here's a little before and after for you:

Before:

After:
Old 09-13-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

jeep looks great. how long did it take you
Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got the lift finished yesterday. Took longer than I thought it would especially with the prep work I did. According to my measurements, I got a little over 3 inches with this lift. It rides great! So far I'm very happy with it. I just hope i can make it on these 32's til they wear out. I've already got the itch to switch to 35's!
Don't wait!!! Just sell those 32's for a little cash for the 35's while they still have some tread left.

Congrats on the lift...
Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pippy
jeep looks great. how long did it take you
Thanks! I'd say it took about 7-8 hours for me and a buddy to finish it. Part of that is due to the fact that we were installing discos at the same time too.

The only major snags we had were the same that most people have faced: Getting the front coils and bump stops in place.

So here are my lessons learned:

1. Get a set of spring compressors for sure. Even flexing the axle to the max, it was a bear to have to stomp down on one side and pull up on the spring at the same time.

2. Use a block of wood and your jack to cram the bump stops up in place before you get the spring in there. We tried the trick were you drop the bump stop in the coil beforehand and then pry it up in place after you get the spring in. That didn't work! Just grease the bump stop up before you wood-jack it in place and it pops right in.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! I'd say it took about 7-8 hours for me and a buddy to finish it. Part of that is due to the fact that we were installing discos at the same time too.

The only major snags we had were the same that most people have faced: Getting the front coils and bump stops in place.

So here are my lessons learned:

1. Get a set of spring compressors for sure. Even flexing the axle to the max, it was a bear to have to stomp down on one side and pull up on the spring at the same time.

2. Use a block of wood and your jack to cram the bump stops up in place before you get the spring in there. We tried the trick were you drop the bump stop in the coil beforehand and then pry it up in place after you get the spring in. That didn't work! Just grease the bump stop up before you wood-jack it in place and it pops right in.
Just for future refrence and for those about to install. Spring compressors are not really neccassary. I just installed this lift on my buddy's 2dr (3rd time installing this particular lift), if you disconect the shocks, discos, and TRACKBAR the axle will droop enough that the springs slide right in. Actually it will droop enough that you need to hold them in place till you reconnect something.

Your 4dr looks great BTW. My wife was drooling over it (she wants a black 4dr)!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks 09Rubi. My tires look really small now though.

Yes, you probably would have an easier time of it if you took the track bar off. We thought about doing that but decided we'd rather use brute force instead of brains .
Old 09-27-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

what is your measurement from the dead center of you fenders. From ground to bottom of the center of the fender if that not to confusing lol.

Quick Reply: Tips for installing TF 2.5 Coil Kit?