Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tinting a Soft top

Old 01-21-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SF Nick
Don't do it! Looks like crap! I did & regret it. Very spotty on the inside.
the nightshade or the plastidip? I'm just tryna tint it temporarily until I get a hard top
Old 01-21-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jmagrone
the nightshade or the plastidip? I'm just tryna tint it temporarily until I get a hard top

I've done both the nightshade looked good from the outside but on the inside it was splotchy. You couldn't really see out of the plasti dip nor the VHT nightshade. The look from the inside bothered me so I just painted them with a epoxy paint. Can't see nothing but looks really good. Lol
Old 01-22-2015, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SF Nick
I've done both the nightshade looked good from the outside but on the inside it was splotchy. You couldn't really see out of the plasti dip nor the VHT nightshade. The look from the inside bothered me so I just painted them with a epoxy paint. Can't see nothing but looks really good. Lol
hahaha I just want a good look for it...like I said I doubt ill keep it long before I put the hardtop on it...is there anything that's really worth it other then the replacements?
Old 01-22-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmagrone

hahaha I just want a good look for it...like I said I doubt ill keep it long before I put the hardtop on it...is there anything that's really worth it other then the replacements?
I think you can get Besttop replacements for $250. If you watch for sales and rebates you may come in under $200.

Last edited by Cutman; 01-22-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:16 AM
Former Member

If it comes in a can
Why isn't anyone ordering my patented 'Magic Beans" or "Snake Oil?

Go cheap or go good

Quick Reply: Tinting a Soft top