Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Time for an Upgrade? (Suspension)

Old 06-30-2013, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for an Upgrade? (Suspension)

So I currently run a 2.5" Teraflex budget boost and after adding my front bumper and winch, the front is a little lower than the rear. Which I expected, but with wanting to put a rear bumper and carrier on the back, I think the weight will be too much for the spacer and stock springs for a DD.

Is it worth the money to get the Teraflex 3" springs and just put them in? I find the cost of these springs vs. most of the others is a little higher. I was thinking of just getting the whole kit and then sell off my 2.5" spacers with the new spares from the kit. I don't really want to go any higher then 3" so I don't have to drop any more money at the moment on anything other than a rear bumper?

Anyone done any upgrades like this, or did you go to a completely new manufacturer for your next lift?
Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of all the extra weight you have added it makes the most sense to go with a progressive rate spring. This will allow you to have a nice ride on and off road as well as maintaining the lift height you are looking for. Rock Krawler and Synergy both have progressive rate springs.

You will also want to add at least lower front control arms to help maintain correct suspension geometry.

Quick Reply: Time for an Upgrade? (Suspension)