Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

time for new suspension (advice needed)

Old 01-08-2014, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default time for new suspension (advice needed)

I have been running 1.75" daystar spacers with my stock rubicon springs and shocks and I've got 95,000 miles out of this setup. Its a pretty rough ride so I'm pretty sure that anything I get is going to be better.
Ideally, for my next stage, I'd like to do a 3-4" suspension lift and upgrade from my 35" tires to 37s. So here is where I need your help. I prefer a comfortable ride but I also want performance as well. What kit is going to give me 3-4" of lift and a comfortable ride and it the most complete and best value? I love Rock Krawler but I'm not in a position to spend as much as they are charging for systems without shocks. I want a kit that has everything I need including geometry correction. Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to your advice (recommendation on pricing and where to go would be helpful). I've got an install shop here in Keene and there's another one in Manchester NH but I don't have a relationship with either so I'm looking to you all for advice.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the rough country 3.5 serued 2 lift and so far its done me fine im like you I have a small budget is why it worked great for me paid 550$ after shipping and installed my self in about 6 hrs
Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Id go with Clayton Offroad. They put a lot of thought and effort into their products. Can't beat their customer service either. Ride quality on and off road is spectacular. They are definitely worth looking at.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:37 PM
JK Freak

what are some other options and what am I looking at for pricing?
Old 01-11-2014, 02:31 AM
JK Newbie

I run Rubicon Express I really like it
Old 01-11-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Complete and value are subjective terms and I am sorry you are not going to find what you are looking for if a rock krawler lift is out of your budget. As far as the ones mentioned, non of them are complete. At 4" of lift you are going to be replacing just about everything under the jeep to correct the geometry as much as you can.
This is the most complete kit that I have seen offered but am not a fan of it and would not recommend getting it. | TeraFlex Suspensions
Its your jeep though feel free to do what you want with it.
Use the search function and you will find your question answered about 10000 times, mostly by people that are new to jeeps and bought a lift based on the price point, that have no actual knowledge of the jeep suspension and how the components interact with each other.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Complete and value are subjective terms and I am sorry you are not going to find what you are looking for if a rock krawler lift is out of your budget. As far as the ones mentioned, non of them are complete. At 4" of lift you are going to be replacing just about everything under the jeep to correct the geometry as much as you can.
This is the most complete kit that I have seen offered but am not a fan of it and would not recommend getting it. | TeraFlex Suspensions
Its your jeep though feel free to do what you want with it.
Use the search function and you will find your question answered about 10000 times, mostly by people that are new to jeeps and bought a lift based on the price point, that have no actual knowledge of the jeep suspension and how the components interact with each other.
my first instinct was to say that you are a real prick for your response but after reading your write up, I'll give you a pass on the budget comment. I see that you are a contributor and i'm sure you weren't being a snob with your comments. I'm a huge fan of Rock Krawler but it significantly more expensive than most kits when you factor in that there are no shocks included. Compared with an AEV lift, Rock Krawler is more than twice the price and If I had the money, I'd pay it. Im sure you know a lot about lifts just not about pricing
Old 01-11-2014, 11:23 PM
JK Newbie

Off road evolution coilovers. Can't do better. Oh and add a supercharger and gear change. Go big or go home.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you want to spend some money go with Metal Cloak.... But it all depends on the type of wheeling you do.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuma
Off road evolution coilovers. Can't do better. Oh and add a supercharger and gear change. Go big or go home.
I hate everything you just said...

Quick Reply: time for new suspension (advice needed)