Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

time to lift

Old 03-08-2016, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadydc
i decided to just go ahead and order the teraflex 2.5 w/o shocks and get set of Bilstein's to go with it. tires are ordered went with the Toyo RT for same price as MT. $900 for 5. ordering lift today. any additional parts required for the teraflex lift? i wont be installing until prob april due to my schedule
Please respond back with how it rides. I'm planning a teraflex 2.5 lift as well.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will give updates after install and some miles .

also getting my spidertrax spacers from a fellow member purchased this week.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will give updates after install and some miles .

also getting my spidertrax spacers from a fellow member purchased this week.
Sweet! I've got Spidertrax as well. 1.75" waiting to go on with the lift.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

A word of advice on the wheel spacers. Put some antiseize grease where the spacer makes contact with the hub surface. Ask me how I know.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smitty12JKU
A word of advice on the wheel spacers. Put some antiseize grease where the spacer makes contact with the hub surface. Ask me how I know.
Get tired of hitting them? lol I'll def do that thanks for the reminder

Last edited by Shadydc; 03-09-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

i decided to just go ahead and order the teraflex 2.5 w/o shocks and get set of Bilstein's to go with it. tires are ordered went with the Toyo RT for same price as MT. $900 for 5. ordering lift today. any additional parts required for the teraflex lift? i wont be installing until prob april due to my schedule
I'm running the Teraflex 2.5in coil lift with VSS shocks. I would recommend AEV geometry correction brackets (or similar). I did not have these when I first installed my lift. After adding the brackets my ride quality improved and the brake dive was gone.

As far as carriers, I just mounted a 35in spare on a Smittybilt oversized carrier (P/N 2743) and I am happy so far.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2.5" is a far better choice. You would have ended up getting into drive shafts and such at 3.5" if you actually use your Willys. We have a Willys Wheeler Special Edition Facebook page, you go join it. We have over 600 Willys owners on the page and it is extremely active with some knowledgeable fellows.

Originally Posted by Smitty12JKU
Yea.... I used a cut off wheel to remove one of mine. It was a project. I was using chisels and sledge hammers, decided that I had already ruined the dang thing so out came the 7" Dewalt cut off. What a PITA.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by larry0071
2.5" is a far better choice. You would have ended up getting into drive shafts and such at 3.5" if you actually use your Willys. We have a Willys Wheeler Special Edition Facebook page, you go join it. We have over 600 Willys owners on the page and it is extremely active with some knowledgeable fellows.

Yea.... I used a cut off wheel to remove one of mine. It was a project. I was using chisels and sledge hammers, decided that I had already ruined the dang thing so out came the 7" Dewalt cut off. What a PITA.
i dont have the willy's anymore i traded it in back in may. loved it but missed a truck. this is all going on my 4 door rubi.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

the tereflex lift and bilstiens got delivered today. looking at the geometry correct brackets now. is one brand better than the other?
Old 03-19-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

the tereflex lift and bilstiens got delivered today. looking at the geometry correct brackets now. is one brand better than the other?
AEV is a popular choice. Some say JKS or Rancho are built stronger. I have no experience with either yet but will probably be getting a set as soon as I decide on lift

Quick Reply: time to lift