Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

time to lift

Old 02-26-2016, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to lift

finally lifting my JKUR, way longer than i wanted to wait.

going with the rough country 3.5'' kit, 35'' toyo's w/ matching spare, using the stock Willy's wheels, 1.5'' spacers. will add the exhaust extension, adjustable track bar and few misc things to finish it off.

need to look into tire carrier option for the 35s. wasn't planning on running toyo but i get a set of MT's 5 for $900 so didn't want to pass it up.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Cannot wait to see the finished product and how you like the ride.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:17 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Good luck with the rough country, you will end up spending much more then the lift cost to ix the problems it creates with ride quality and handling. A simple search will bring up thread after thread of issues with that company. They are famous for sagging coils and leaking shocks. They will warrantee but do you really want the hassle?
Old 02-27-2016, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Good luck with the rough country, you will end up spending much more then the lift cost to ix the problems it creates with ride quality and handling. A simple search will bring up thread after thread of issues with that company. They are famous for sagging coils and leaking shocks. They will warrantee but do you really want the hassle?

I second this, get a quality lift(Rock krawler, metal cloak, rubicon express etc..) if shocks aren't in your budget just run shock extensions for the time being. Also 3.5" plus spacers is a heck of a lift.. The handling will be HORRIBLE.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

by spacers im talking wheel spacers
Old 03-01-2016, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

so now i am looking at the rubicon express lift. 3.5'' and doing bilsitens all around. would this be a better and less troublesome lift to run?
Old 03-01-2016, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a big fan of RE springs either, they sag too. Don't buy cheap....if budget is the issue then move down to a quality 2.5in lift, you will probably net the same amount of lift as a cheap 3.5in lift.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

RE is not a bad lift though if you can wait and save more money then I suggest getting the best like AEV, Teraflex, and Rock Krawler and OME.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

If you're not wanting to get into a new rear bumper check out MORryde. Do a search I have heard good things and it's what I'm planning on doing. Sounded like that was a question you had. Just one of many options.

Jeep Accessories From MORryde
Old 03-08-2016, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

i decided to just go ahead and order the teraflex 2.5 w/o shocks and get set of Bilstein's to go with it. tires are ordered went with the Toyo RT for same price as MT. $900 for 5. ordering lift today. any additional parts required for the teraflex lift? i wont be installing until prob april due to my schedule

Quick Reply: time to lift