Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Time to empty my wallet.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to empty my wallet.

So, Im a long time lurker new to post. I have a 09 JK, and I'm looking for some basic upgrades, 2.5 in lift, 33in tires, maybe a few other things. I notice a lot of people have Northridge 4x4 links, is there something special about them or just because their a site sponsor?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Northridge

David at Northridge is one of many of out top noch sponsors. everyone has his link in our signatures for the chance to win stuff from him. David is one of your one stop stops for everything for your JK.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joisey
So, Im a long time lurker new to post. I have a 09 JK, and I'm looking for some basic upgrades, 2.5 in lift, 33in tires, maybe a few other things. I notice a lot of people have Northridge 4x4 links, is there something special about them or just because their a site sponsor?
knowledgeable, friendly, and dont forget about the give-aways! hahaha

you plans sound good, except i think 33's look too small on a 2.5" lift. you'll be better off either going 35s or doing maybe a leveling kit and 33s. many people on here have gone with 2.5" and 33s only to be disappointed and losing money to go up to 35s.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

my only issue with the 35's is the re-gearing issue. I live in northern Jersey so there are alot of hills, I'm afraid of a loss of low end power.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
many people on here have gone with 2.5" and 33s only to be disappointed and losing money to go up to 35s.
not me... very happy with the 2.5" and 33's. Minimal if any performance loss especially with 4:10 gears and I like the look. I too do not want to re-gear even though you'll hear plenty of members say 35's are fine with 4.10's and even 3.21's etc ... I like your choice
Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Junkie

I run 33's for that same reason and my friend was stubborn and put 35's on with really heavy tires and lets just say he needs to re-gear ASAP. I'll most likely re-gear in the spring and switch up to 35's but I must say that the 33's look pretty decent depending on which tire you get and the Jeep can still move along with the NJ traffic.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

well i travel 287 on a dail basis, usually around 80mph.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
not me... very happy with the 2.5" and 33's. Minimal if any performance loss especially with 4:10 gears and I like the look. I too do not want to re-gear even though you'll hear plenty of members say 35's are fine with 4.10's and even 3.21's etc ... I like your choice
Agree with this 100%. I saw regear, tire carrier, and other stuff down the road as it snowballed with 35s. 33s it is, looks great, and happy with how it performs.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
... many people on here have gone with 2.5" and 33s only to be disappointed and losing money to go up to 35s.
Maybe. But I'm not one of them ...

Eight Jeeps, including some heavily modified, had to be winched up this hill at Mr. Frieling's in Clayton, OK ...

Followed a two-door with 35s and a four door with 37s all the way around Poison Spider Mesa in Moab ...

JK-Forum gathering at Disney, OK ...

Heck, look what stock SRAs and no lift can do!

I might go 35s someday, but it won't be until my X is ready for it. And I won't do it until I wear out these 33s.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joisey
Dave Johnson at Northridge 4x4 provides outstanding customer service by:

- Providing extensive knowledge of the products he sells, including a willingness to defer to manufacturer when he does not know

- He is very responsive, almost always within hours the same day

- An honest answer as to when products are in stock or how long it will take to get them in stock

- What seems like immediate shipping given how soon they appear on my door step

- Arguably the best pricing on all the products he carries

My only complaint is that he doesn't carry every product I need to buy online including home electronics

Quick Reply: Time to empty my wallet.