Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Time to change my Plugs and Wires...Any Upgrade suggestions?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NGK makes excellent plugs!!! I use them on my Fox Body Stang drag car. But there really isn't a big performance gain if that's what you're looking for.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just run the factory plugs and wires. Nothing you put on will make any difference at all!!

NONE NONE!@!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks...looks like stock Champions are the way to go.
Much appreciated!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blkjkchicago
Just run the factory plugs and wires. Nothing you put on will make any difference at all!!

NONE NONE!@!
X2, save your $ and go with factory parts.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I tried the E3s in mine a while back. I really could tell a difference. But then, it started throwing misfire codes. I went back to the stock ones and have not missed a beat. Think about it. What gains will you really see? If it was a true performance engine...maybe. Besides that, how many miles you got on yours to be thinkin about wires?
i had the same issues with the e3's...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

After messing around with plugs when I had a lean condition with my first tuner, I have since went with the Bosch Platinum4s. Primary reason was better cold weather performance although they make no difference when you reach operating temperature. They stay clean, and I haven't had any issues.

As for wires, I run Taylors, always worked for me although I wouldn't imagine that any of them will make a difference.

If I'm wrenching on my own vehicle, I'm not putting stock stuff back on.

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. Never had a problem with anything from Bosch, and never a problem from Taylor. Then as a bonus, Summit Racing is practically in my backyard and a customer.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nangulator
X2, save your $ and go with factory parts.
x3 go with factory plugs, these JKs have everything linked to the computer and if you change anything electrical i can only see problems
Old 03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoridinTX
X2, I liked the change until the troubles started. The plugs lasted me about 5000 miles before causing problems....
500 miles on my wife's Caliber. we were 300 from home and I changed them in the parking lot of autozone to NGKs. Never looked back.

I'm not a believer in sticking with factory plugs as being the best. Everyone has their own opinion, my opinion is any car manufacture is going to look for the best deal on plugs. They only have to last 36000 miles until your warranty is up (which is my understanding). So whoever will give them a 36k plug for all of their vehicles, for the lowest amount. 'wins'. Doesn't dictate the best in my book. When it comes time to change plugs in my JK, it will be nothing short of NGKs. Just like all of my vehicles now. Tried and true in my garage as my plug of choice.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
500 miles on my wife's Caliber. we were 300 from home and I changed them in the parking lot of autozone to NGKs. Never looked back.

I'm not a believer in sticking with factory plugs as being the best. Everyone has their own opinion, my opinion is any car manufacture is going to look for the best deal on plugs. They only have to last 36000 miles until your warranty is up (which is my understanding). So whoever will give them a 36k plug for all of their vehicles, for the lowest amount. 'wins'. Doesn't dictate the best in my book. When it comes time to change plugs in my JK, it will be nothing short of NGKs. Just like all of my vehicles now. Tried and true in my garage as my plug of choice.
Alright you convinced me!
Ill have to try that when it comes time to change my plugs

Quick Reply: Time to change my Plugs and Wires...Any Upgrade suggestions?