Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tiger Claw recovery hitch

Old 04-11-2008, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Until I get an aftermarket bumper with recovery points I got a D ring receiver shackle that is very similar to the one you listed but the shaft is shorter (which in this case is a good thing) and without the hook. The are available for $25 at Quadratec: http://www.quadratec.com/products/92144_101.htm

The hook looks cool but I prefer a heavy 3/4" Clevis shackle over a recovery hook. I have never seen a hook fail but I have heard some horror stories about them failing.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar setup with just the D-ring. No hook. I've had this for years and used on several Jeeps. I like D-rings because they secure the strap which works better on angled pulls. Especially when my stuck Jeep is being pulled by another vehicle that is on higher ground. Also situations where you have to yank another vehicle out. You start with slack and that is when a hook attached strap can come off. IMHO - The additional hook is not getting you much except for additional cost.

Quick Reply: Tiger Claw recovery hitch