Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tie Rod ends!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tie Rod ends!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I bought a Rock Krawler HD tie Rod cause I bent the crappy stock one. Go to order the drag link ends(rock crawler suggests that P/N) and find out that up here in Canada they want....get ready $95 each!!! What the fawk?

So I have searched but cant find if there is any aftermarket ends for the RK Gen 2 HD tie rod......thanks

Last edited by scbesse; 11-16-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just went through the same thing. I purchased MOOG PN# ES3624 through a MOOG authorized dealer around here it O'Rylies auto parts not sure what might be in your area they sell for about $23~$24 US dollars or so might try same company's website don't know what shipping might be.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

okay thanks alot......By the time I add up cost, I could get a high steer kit with HD draglink,Tie Rod made from a shop near me Including 1ton ends for a bout 200 more
Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Both MOOG and Crown make the end links to fit the Rock Krawler HD Tie Rod. What I'd like to do is throw a set of Heim joints on it but there's little clearance even with the TeraFlex Drag Link Flip kit. So maybe once I go to the Reid Knuckles it will work. Remember the End Links for the RK are the Drag Link ones not the OEM tie rod ends which are too small.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Both MOOG and Crown make the end links to fit the Rock Krawler HD Tie Rod. What I'd like to do is throw a set of Heim joints on it but there's little clearance even with the TeraFlex Drag Link Flip kit. So maybe once I go to the Reid Knuckles it will work. Remember the End Links for the RK are the Drag Link ones not the OEM tie rod ends which are too small.
Yep I know about the drag link ends, so its confirmed that the Moog ES3624 fits the 2nd Gen rock krawler tie rod? Thanks for the help guys
Old 11-16-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Did a little research on this before. I've added the link. Look at post #4 for Moog #'s. The prices were from Lordco.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...to-be-replaced

Hope this helps.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
Did a little research on this before. I've added the link. Look at post #4 for Moog #'s. The prices were from Lordco.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...to-be-replaced

Hope this helps.
okay have you done the tie rod yet??? just wanna make sure lol

Quick Reply: Tie Rod ends!!!!!!!!!!!