Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tie rod boots

Old 08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tie rod boots

So in doing my dna 30 to dana 44 swap I damaged a tie rod boot. the dealer only sells the tie rod end as the boot cannot be serviced. I see some aftermarket boots from energy suspensions. This is also what the parts guy at my dealer recommended. Anyone have experience with these, and happen to know what size the jk tie rod uses?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't tell you what size it is but, when I installed my lift, I damaged the drag link boot where it attaches to the pittman arm. Advance Auto Parts had some boots in there "help" section. I picked one that was close and used it. Granted, it doesn't fit tight like the factory and I will have to keep an eye on it for grease. This was alot cheaper than buying a new draglink end.

Quick Reply: tie rod boots