Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tie rod boot/bushing blown out ??

Old 08-31-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Captjay, sell that shit and get you a Teraflex kit.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Captjay, sell that shit and get you a Teraflex kit.
mk, im way ahead of ya. called David today. ordered the Teraflex drag kit, but i have to replace the steering knuckle since it was reamed out for the re drag link. replacing the RE front track bar with JKS. also ordered EVO sleeves, EVO gussets, RCV axles, Bushwacker flat flares, Warn wireless fog lights, i think thats everything. slowly getting rid of the RE stuff. it was good while it lasted but wasnt as long as i had hoped
Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by captjay
mk, im way ahead of ya. called David today. ordered the Teraflex drag kit, but i have to replace the steering knuckle since it was reamed out for the re drag link. replacing the RE front track bar with JKS. also ordered EVO sleeves, EVO gussets, RCV axles, Bushwacker flat flares, Warn wireless fog lights, i think thats everything. slowly getting rid of the RE stuff. it was good while it lasted but wasnt as long as i had hoped
Hey, check with Dave or Joe from Tera, the drag kit comes with a sleeve for the knuckle. The Tera had to be drilled too.the sleeve that comes with the kit may work or u may just have to get another size sleeve
Old 08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Hey, check with Dave or Joe from Tera, the drag kit comes with a sleeve for the knuckle. The Tera had to be drilled too.the sleeve that comes with the kit may work or u may just have to get another size sleeve
well the problem with the original reamed knuckle was either from the start when my guy installed it and reamed too far down or the wreck i was in may have wallowed out the hole when the drag link got bent up. so to prevent any more problems im just replacing the knuckle. why i feel something was wrong is that i could with my bare hand remove the ball joint from the knuckle. it should have been a hella lot tighter fit than that. so im just going to start off with a clean slate with the new knuckle and the tera kit. oh and i got the IPF blue headlights
Old 08-31-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by captjay
well the problem with the original reamed knuckle was either from the start when my guy installed it and reamed too far down or the wreck i was in may have wallowed out the hole when the drag link got bent up. so to prevent any more problems im just replacing the knuckle. why i feel something was wrong is that i could with my bare hand remove the ball joint from the knuckle. it should have been a hella lot tighter fit than that. so im just going to start off with a clean slate with the new knuckle and the tera kit. oh and i got the IPF blue headlights
Uh, yeah, no way should u have been able to just pull it out by hand, good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

thanks man, david said he should be able to get me everything pretty quick except for a couple items so hopefully i will start install on everything next week or so. i cant wait to see the rcv's in person!!

Quick Reply: Tie rod boot/bushing blown out ??