Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tie Rod

Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tie Rod

What is the best way to strighten a Tie Rod, leave it on the jeep turn it and use a jack to strighten, or Remove it and use a press? or spend too much and replace it
Old 08-28-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

i wouldnt do it on the Jeep, you are risking the tie rod ends, which are pricey to replace

do it on a press, or better yet replace it as you know it will happen again
Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

Fist of all, it would depend on whether you are on the trail or not. We've fixed the one on my CJ on the trail and I drove it for weeks afterwards before doing an axle swap. Not on the trail, I would replace it, because once it bends, it is weakened and will only fail again.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replace it with a RockKrawler one. As stated, once the factory one bends it will be that much easier to do it again.

BUT you shouldn't be able to bend these and they are a Sponsor on this forum!!
1.5 inches thick and pure steel!! And you upgrade to 1 ton tie rod ends!!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

i agree whole heartedly, the rock krawler setup is the way to go when it comes to beefy. iused their drag link with moog ends and could not be happier, the ease of centering your steering wheel alone sold me but the beefy unit itself is a plus (ha ha , isaid beefy unit) so i'll also be getting the tie-rod as well...
Old 08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rock Krawler vs Quadratec

Good write up from all. What I have found on the web was 1. Quadratec with all the materials tie rod ends ect replacement for JK. The Rock Krawler you need to purchase a MOOG, those of you that have installed the Rock Krawler, what additional cost where the MOOG, and what size is needed. or any additional would be helpful

Quick Reply: Tie Rod