Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tick and Lift

Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick and Lift

I am thinking of putting a lift on my 12 JKUR but I'm afraid that if it gets a tick, the stealership will make all kinds of BS not to fix it under warrantee. Anybody have experience with ticks and lifts? I have 10k miles.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

I had the same concerns but the head problems are so well documented that i don't see them getting out of it.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Lift it,then find a stealership that's mod friendly
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now I'm not a Engineer but how does a head problem have anything to do with suspension? " I lifted my jeep so my heads in my engine cracked?" Any service manager who try to argue with you on that has no leg to stand on. The problem is a known and the dealership should have no problems getting a service authorization from chrysler approved to get the tick fixed.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys....Just did not want them to say " Your lift placed a strain on the engine now its ticking". Based on your answers Ill be saving up on a 2.5 inch/35 duratracs combo!!!

Quick Reply: Tick and Lift