Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thump/Pop when turning or stopping?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
check the joints for play, Have some turn the steering wheel and watch everything. How many miles do you have on the kit? when is the last time you inspected the Johnny joints?
I have almost 95000 km on the kit. I have torqued/ shook/ visually inspected joints without taking anything apart. So far the only loose thing I have come across is the rear passenger wheel .

Could this be an axel bearing issue?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by gripthor
I have almost 95000 km on the kit. I have torqued/ shook/ visually inspected joints without taking anything apart. So far the only loose thing I have come across is the rear passenger wheel .

Could this be an axel bearing issue?
I doubt it, I would pull the arms to inspect. Its free and its the first place I would look if it were mine
Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

I pulled my arms to see if they are causing this issue.

The front lower adjustable control arm joint pulled completely free, the jam nut seemed tight, but must have had enough play to wear the threads down over time.

Any reason I can't or shouldn't weld them together for now, until I can buy a replacement arm?

Thanks fellas

Quick Reply: Thump/Pop when turning or stopping?