Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Throw Some Ideas Out

Old 09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throw Some Ideas Out

Alright, just bought my new Jeep a couple months ago. I'll be deploying soon and I am planning on coming back with at least 10K to put mostly towards good upgrades for my Jeep. I'm pretty young and have little experience with off roading. I know that i love mudding the most but am open to anything adventurous. I know that some people out there have had some problems with the big wheels that come with the '08 Sahara.

I'm mainly just looking for some good suggestions as to how i should go about spending my money wisely without messing up my jeep too much. Glad I found this Forum and am happy to be a part of the Jeep Family.

Lars
Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default awesome!

Swap out your axles get the d44 all around and them beef up the tires to 37inch and get a 3.5 4.5 inch lift either full flex and some new wheels and regear youlll be right at 10k im sure with all the little components (while your in germany kill some of those nazi bastidss
Old 09-11-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larzpdot
Alright, just bought my new Jeep a couple months ago. I'll be deploying soon and I am planning on coming back with at least 10K to put mostly towards good upgrades for my Jeep. I'm pretty young and have little experience with off roading. I know that i love mudding the most but am open to anything adventurous. I know that some people out there have had some problems with the big wheels that come with the '08 Sahara.

I'm mainly just looking for some good suggestions as to how i should go about spending my money wisely without messing up my jeep too much. Glad I found this Forum and am happy to be a part of the Jeep Family.

Lars
most important things are tires, not so much size but traction. bigger is better but then you need a lift. next most important is winch and then lockers. basically rwally good traction, all four wheels turning and a easy way to get out cause you're gonna get stuck. other goodys help too like hi-lift, tow straps, shovel. the tire type will change with wheelin' grounds, e.i mostly mud, sand or rock. winch will change with jeep size. and lockers will change depending on how much you do and if it ever sees on road snow and ice(very scary with auto lockers or spools) 10k should make a bad ass jeep
Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

So far so good, I know i have a big wish list, and for the 9 months I'll be gone, I'm sure I'll be doing as much research as I can when I have free time. I appreciate any ideas and tips ya'll have.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Start with the FAQ's stickied at the top of this section.

The 'Wheels & Tires', 'Suspension' and 'Axles, Gears & Drivetrain' areas will give you a good foundation to plan your upgrades.

Then move on to the Write-ups area. Lots of great mods and how-to's in there.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

alright, so I've noticed a lot of hype about Northridge 4X4, but I've also heard a lot about Quadratec. Which is the preference of most?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Check prices, call and ask questions, then decide for yourself. You'll find out that there is a reason for a lot of us going to David when we're ready to buy...
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

i would do a lift kit rims and tires then you can get some gears and driveshafts
Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 AM
cfr
JK Freak

See this recent thread for ideas and plans,

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/first-5-things-buy-upgrade-100409/
Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's planman's info for going to 35s. Gives you some good info & ball park figure$.

Good luck on your research - there's a lot of solid info out there that will save you from wasting cash.

The important thing is to get back safely from your deployment.
and thank you for your service.

Quick Reply: Throw Some Ideas Out