Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Throttle Problems...

Old 12-08-2016, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Problems...

Nation,

The past month after a few off-road trips I encountered a few problems. At first I popped a EVAP code, did the general troubleshooting and refueled my vehicle. The code light dropped but then every so often the engine/throttle will stutter like it's purging air from somewhere. I removed the throttle body and cleaned the shutter with sea foam. Now the throttle response feels a bit laggy and delayed. Any help or options would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Cody
Old 12-08-2016, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Still have the '07?

If so, make sure the intake air temp sensor is plugged in all the way.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Also could do the throttle pedal calibration.

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.
1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).
2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.
3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.
5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".
6) Start the engine.
Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

May help....Good Luck.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome...Ill look at both in the morning first thing! Would chipping the jeep with a tuner be something to look into? Don't have a lot of experience with tuners and I've heard mixed reviews.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Codith45
Nation,

The past month after a few off-road trips I encountered a few problems. At first I popped a EVAP code, did the general troubleshooting and refueled my vehicle. The code light dropped but then every so often the engine/throttle will stutter like it's purging air from somewhere. I removed the throttle body and cleaned the shutter with sea foam. Now the throttle response feels a bit laggy and delayed. Any help or options would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Cody
I have this same problem but mines only at 1500 rpm and it's only when my jeep is cold and below 125ish degrees.

Quick Reply: Throttle Problems...