Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Throttle body spacer question

Old 11-24-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body spacer question

Have an 11 JK sport, ordered a afe cold air stage 2 and a throttle body spacer. Have read many mixed reviews on it's effectiveness. Anyone experience any positives, or negatives after installing it?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Had one in the past. Noticed nothing but a whistle. I wouldn't waste the money....
Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr Rubi
^^^ do you get the whistle because of the spacer of does the whistle come from the new intake?

The whistle comes from the Throttle Body Spacer. I have a Poweraid Spacer on my JK. You will see in increase in low end power, but enough to justify paying for it? I did..
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

There is a very moderate gain in throttle response under 1500 rpms, after that nothing.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Throttle body spacers are useless on a fuel injected motor. They served a purpose back in the day when everything was carbed but no more.

They worked by increasing plenum volume which resulted in more top end power on carbed motor. The idea is to produce more efficient atomization of air and fuel. Because with a modern fuel injection engine the fuel is mixed with the air in either the intake runner or directly inside the cylinder. These spacers have no effect.

Save your money.

Last edited by Synthetik; 11-24-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr Rubi
I understand your reasoning but why do companies waste their time and effort by offering these spacers for our JKs or other fuel injected vehicles for that matter? profits perhaps??
Because there are a lot of people who are not like you and won't bother to ask the question. They will just purchase the spacer.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly. Remember the saying about fools and their money?
Old 11-24-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Last edited by jezzalachis; 10-10-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jezzalachis
Yeah, they make throttle body spacers all fancy looking anodized aluminum with baffles and springs - looks very impressive to the average joe - you're better off spending the money on fuel instead.

There are a number of aftermarket "upgrade" things that are a total waste of money, my fav is the "electronic rust prevention" system that some stores sell. The only way that electric galvanic protection would work is if you planned on parking your vehicle under water...
All my friends and my lovely wife believe that my JK and all mods are total waste of money :(. They dont understand.....

Quick Reply: Throttle body spacer question