Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

throttle body spacer

Old 04-08-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
haha...wow we pirated this thread...oh wait is was about useless spacers..nevermind. Hey man sorry, but ya know what I busted my ass for everything I've owned, never had anything handed to me on a silver platter and I'm a stickler for detail, so yeah I had one of the fastest N/A LT1's in Texas for a short time...key word "one" of the fastest, there are a handful of monsters out there to date. My goal was to make GM HighTech magazine in a few months after the LTx Shootout in May http://www.ltxshootout.com/2008/
..I know my lil mule PEPE would have been a contender especially in the N/A all motor only class....oh well can't look back.
Your still lucky even if i get the money, we don't have parts for jeep or any high high performance kits for cars or jeeps. Like the gibson duall costs about $500 i have to pay $300 shipping. The grille guard cost $200 and the shipping is $500. So anything i would likr to mod costs me doubles and sometimes tripples. Not talking about even regearing or something then i would need a fortune. So i guess i got to live with it or got to be a millionare hehe.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
Your still lucky even if i get the money, we don't have parts for jeep or any high high performance kits for cars or jeeps. Like the gibson duall costs about $500 i have to pay $300 shipping. The grille guard cost $200 and the shipping is $500. So anything i would likr to mod costs me doubles and sometimes tripples. Not talking about even regearing or something then i would need a fortune. So i guess i got to live with it or got to be a millionare hehe.
holy wow...just saw where you were ...man that sucks sand spiders dude
Old 04-08-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
holy wow...just saw where you were ...man that sucks sand spiders dude
Yeah iam all the way here, other side of our globe. hehe. problem is that we don't even have a nice place to 4x4, either beach or just somewhere, but no very demanding. too bad. You guys are lucky.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know with the fuel injected Broncos, a spacer doesn't do anything. The only way to improve the TB is to replace it. That by itself would help the 302 by about 5-7% because the Truck efi intakes were pretty good and had squarish runners similar to some aftermarket intakes. The 351W efi intakes on the other hand weren't so good and the performance TB needed a better intake to do any good. Both engines benefited from improved heads and cams.

The Broncos had twin throttle bodies and BBK was the only one to make twin throttle bodies for the truck intakes.

What I'm basically getting at is that if you want to improve airflow at the TB, a spacer isn't going to do much, a better TB may depending on the JK's intake and heads. Also remember that building for low in torque in a 4x4 is different than for a Mustang or Firebird when thinking about intakes, heads and cams.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blue
I know with the fuel injected Broncos, a spacer doesn't do anything. The only way to improve the TB is to replace it. That by itself would help the 302 by about 5-7% because the Truck efi intakes were pretty good and had squarish runners similar to some aftermarket intakes. The 351W efi intakes on the other hand weren't so good and the performance TB needed a better intake to do any good. Both engines benefited from improved heads and cams.

The Broncos had twin throttle bodies and BBK was the only one to make twin throttle bodies for the truck intakes.

What I'm basically getting at is that if you want to improve airflow at the TB, a spacer isn't going to do much, a better TB may depending on the JK's intake and heads. Also remember that building for low in torque in a 4x4 is different than for a Mustang or Firebird when thinking about intakes, heads and cams.
Iam am lost hehe but thanks i don't think am getting the throttle body, i will try just the air filter and the exhaust system. thanks thoug. iam am a real newbie in the hardcore technical stuff. hehe

Quick Reply: throttle body spacer