Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

thoughts on "waterproof" X2O 8 Winch by Smittybilt

Old 06-29-2011, 01:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts on "waterproof" X2O 8 Winch by Smittybilt

anybody got this thing? what do ya think? I ordered one from from 4wheelparts but it hasn't come in yet (waiting over a month). I was thinking about "downgrading" and just spending an extra $50 bucks for the older xrc8 comp with the synthetic rope combo because they actually have that one in stock, and the lighter rope is a definite plus.

Any thoughts on this fancy new water proof winch? is it really that much better than the non waterproof xrc models?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ur winch is generally pretty high and shouldnt be submerged in water. I have never submerged mine but I hate water and mud.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about this new waterproof winch, but my XRC 10 has been underwater plenty of times and it works fine
Old 07-09-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LBC JK
I ordered one from from 4wheelparts but it hasn't come in yet (waiting over a month).
I was told that it would be August or September before they are out. The guy at 4wheelparts seemed pretty impressed with them.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thinking about it too

I am looking to buy a winch and can't decide if I need the x2o or not. Can it be used while submerged? Did you get one and do you like it?
Old 02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have never tried to use a winch while submerged. But i have submerged my winch often. Most trails around here (the Ozarks) have river crossings. Wet is a fact of life; get a good winch which can take a dip. I have a Warn, which has never failed me, but plenty of other good brands.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just bought this one at the Jeep Expo last weekend for $300 with Wire cable! It has a 1 year warranty then lifetime limited warranty. All the Smittybilt Jeeps at the Expo were sporting them with synthetic cable(and yes they were used).

I figured waterproof was extra piece of mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PKR2t7YtoE
Old 02-27-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ninjamaster
Just bought this one at the Jeep Expo last weekend for $300 with Wire cable! It has a 1 year warranty then lifetime limited warranty. All the Smittybilt Jeeps at the Expo were sporting them with synthetic cable(and yes they were used).

I figured waterproof was extra piece of mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PKR2t7YtoE
poor fish

Quick Reply: thoughts on "waterproof" X2O 8 Winch by Smittybilt