Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on Rancho RS9000XL Shocks?

Old 01-21-2020, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Thoughts on Rancho RS9000XL Shocks?

This weekend I installed a new set of Rancho RS9000XL shocks. First ride impression is, I really like these over the Bilstein 51000's I had. I will need to fine tune the settings and get offroad for a better review.

Last edited by Dirt Hammer; 01-21-2020 at 08:01 AM. Reason: new link
Old 01-21-2020, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Howdy Neighbor! I have an 07 JK that I have done a ton to, but mostly kept a stock suspension..I am considering changing the shocks, I believe they are original and the ride is now where I can feel every bump..I have tried to lower the tire pressure some, but that has not helped..May just have them replaced..Good luck with your new ones! I live on Ft Mountain between Chatsworth and Ellijay..I believe there is a 2A rally in Rome this coming weekend..
Old 01-21-2020, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Dinky Dau
Howdy Neighbor! I have an 07 JK that I have done a ton to, but mostly kept a stock suspension..I am considering changing the shocks, I believe they are original and the ride is now where I can feel every bump..I have tried to lower the tire pressure some, but that has not helped..May just have them replaced..Good luck with your new ones! I live on Ft Mountain between Chatsworth and Ellijay..I believe there is a 2A rally in Rome this coming weekend..
Hi, Cartersville, GA here,,,, I think for the money these are going to be perfect. 2A rally as in our 2nd Amendment Rights? Sounds Awesome.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirt Hammer
Hi, Cartersville, GA here,,,, I think for the money these are going to be perfect. 2A rally as in our 2nd Amendment Rights? Sounds Awesome.
Persackly! Yes and thanks
The rally will be held at the American Legion Farm, 493 Jones Bend Road NE, at 1 p.m. . It's free to go show support
Old 01-21-2020, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Persackly! Yes and thanks
The rally will be held at the American Legion Farm, 493 Jones Bend Road NE, at 1 p.m. . It's free to go show support
Thank You!!!
Old 01-21-2020, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the video I wish I could do it myself but due to health and age, I will have to get it done at a shop...
Old 01-21-2020, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Thanks for the video I wish I could do it myself but due to health and age, I will have to get it done at a shop...
I understand, I'm only 45 but things are harder to perform these days than before.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Dirt Hammer -

I put Rancho RS9000XL Shocks on my '11 JKU about six month ago. What a huge difference they made in the ride around town, and even better off road. Only wish I had swapped out the old shocks sooner, I didn't realize how bad they were. FWIW, I found the rear pair easier to install than the front. Great video.

Shawn
Old 01-23-2020, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ShawnInPaso
Hey Dirt Hammer -

I put Rancho RS9000XL Shocks on my '11 JKU about six month ago. What a huge difference they made in the ride around town, and even better off road. Only wish I had swapped out the old shocks sooner, I didn't realize how bad they were. FWIW, I found the rear pair easier to install than the front. Great video.

Shawn
Thank You. Yeah I'm impressed with them as well. I removed Bilsteins 5100 to install these. The Bilsteins are to harsh for me.
The following users liked this post:
ShawnInPaso (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Over five years and 40,000 miles on mine and they're still working well. Take the adjusters off and put some lithium grease in the holes before they get rusty and hard to turn.
The following 2 users liked this post by NoVA Family Guy:
churchy13 (01-27-2020), dmwil (10-04-2020)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Rancho RS9000XL Shocks?