Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on new setup for 37's

Old 09-23-2017, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
37's are going to be hard on your jeep and the creepy crawlers hoop up nice. Keep the thoughts of a full float rear in the back of your mind. It may not be necessary for you but don't be surprised if you start having issues with the semi float rear.

I agree with most here to go Metal Cloak over Rock Krawler. RK gets a lot of hype from a few people that really push them to justify their purchase of their products but in fact RK has ha a pretty poor track record over time compared to just about every other lift kit manufacturers out there.
Well I sent an email to teraflex asking if there 30 spline ful float conversion was stronger than the 35 spline semi float shafts I eventually went with.
Teraflex replied with an argument could be made for either option.... ?
Old 09-25-2017, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered a set of poison spyder crusher fenders. Along with a set of maxxis 37'' creepy crawlers.
So at this point my set up is as follows....

2.5" teraflex bb
1.25" rough country body lift
Synergy lower front arms
Teraflex front monster track bar
Yeti drag link
Poison Spyder crusher fenders
Rugged ridge stubby front bumper
Smittybilt x20 winch
Smittybilt xrc rocker sliders
Teraflex rear tire carrier
Rancho oil pan skid plate
Bilstien 5100 shocks
AEV snorkel with bobs kit to tie in all the breather lines

For the drive train......
Factory 4.10 gears
Rear ARB locker
Rear 35 spline ten factory shafts
Front c gussets
Front lower arm skid plates
Front synergy ball joints
EBC yellow stuff brake pads

At this point I want to run the jeep a little and see where I need to focus the most attention regarding the bigger tires. My guess is the front axle will be first to be replaced with a pro rock 44. Then going with 5.13 gears at the same time.

St that point I should have pretty capable jeep
Old 09-25-2017, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Looks like a decent build. Unless you are heavy on the skinny pedal the front D44 will last longer than you think.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by last5liter
Ordered a set of poison spyder crusher fenders. Along with a set of maxxis 37'' creepy crawlers. So at this point my set up is as follows.... 2.5" teraflex bb 1.25" rough country body lift Synergy lower front arms Teraflex front monster track bar Yeti drag link Poison Spyder crusher fenders Rugged ridge stubby front bumper Smittybilt x20 winch Smittybilt xrc rocker sliders Teraflex rear tire carrier Rancho oil pan skid plate Bilstien 5100 shocks AEV snorkel with bobs kit to tie in all the breather lines For the drive train...... Factory 4.10 gears Rear ARB locker Rear 35 spline ten factory shafts Front c gussets Front lower arm skid plates Front synergy ball joints EBC yellow stuff brake pads At this point I want to run the jeep a little and see where I need to focus the most attention regarding the bigger tires. My guess is the front axle will be first to be replaced with a pro rock 44. Then going with 5.13 gears at the same time. St that point I should have pretty capable jeep
I'd hold off on installing that locker and axle shafts until you regear. No sense in spending money twice

Quick Reply: Thoughts on new setup for 37's