Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on intakes

Old 12-02-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that worry initially but after going through many rain storms I would check my filter to find it was completely dry. The AEV snorkel are designed to allow any water that makes it into the top of the intake to trickle out through the side of the top piece. The only time I turned the top around was going through a heavy snow storm.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 12-02-2014, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by robbins84
What are yalls thoughts on a cold air intake? What are some of the other projects that go along with adding a CAI
The only reason to use an aftermarket intake is in a custom application where the factory setup simply won't work. Being an ex-factory guy myself, I can confirm that Jeep engineers would install them at the level if they really did increae power and fuel mileage. At last Spring's EJS I won a certificate for one at the Friday night raffle. I figured WTH, ordered it and it was on my front steps a few days later. Installed it and noticed three things, 1) increased noise, 2) reduced fuel mileage, 3) it made a nice water trap after stream crossings. I took it back off and put the stock air box & filter back on.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on intakes