Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on OR-Fab Bumpers.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aermotor
I run their front / rear bumpers, rocker sliders and rear tire carrier.... you think I like them? I think the only thing that they make that I don't own is their side armor.

Their products are SERIOUSLY top notch. They are 100% made in the USA and priced far below their foreign made competitor's products. You can almost get a front & rear bumper for the price of a single bumper from other companies. Incredible customer service. I could go on all day. Buy them and never look back!
Thanks for the input Thats just what I wanted to hear... Any pics of the rear?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep(NV), I found a pic request thread that jwhitehorn started about the front ORFab stubby stinger bumper, here's a couple of shots of mine:

My initial impression of the bumper was that it was real good quality and beefy. Upon installing it, I could tell that my impression was just the tip of the iceberg!

The way this thing connects to the frame and the way all the parts and plats tie in to one another is incredible, just beefy and sturdy as all hell! I haven't even gone wheeling with mine on yet, unfortunately, but I'll hopefully change that soon.

Overall, I was impressed with this bumper more than I thought I would. And I bought mine 2nd hand from a local guy here who ran it a bunch, and gave it some punishment, but it looks brand new!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed the rear bumper and tire swing on my 2011 Rubi JKU. Nothing but impressed so far. Fit and finish is top notch. I have the front stubby you mention on order.

I got all three pieces plus the front skid for $1300 shipped from David. That's the same or less than the import competition, and a lot less than the domestic competition.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, I love my OR Fab stubby stinger, it is probably the best built piece on the whole jeep. Jeep itself included lol. Rock solid piece, price point is phenominal, and design is second to none.

No pics, im at work, but it is the nicest stinger on the market.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really need help deciding on the rear bumper I can't pick between the rock slider or the sheet metal

Any pictures of these to help me decide?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKStell
Jeep(NV), I found a pic request thread that jwhitehorn started about the front ORFab stubby stinger bumper, here's a couple of shots of mine:

My initial impression of the bumper was that it was real good quality and beefy. Upon installing it, I could tell that my impression was just the tip of the iceberg!

The way this thing connects to the frame and the way all the parts and plats tie in to one another is incredible, just beefy and sturdy as all hell! I haven't even gone wheeling with mine on yet, unfortunately, but I'll hopefully change that soon.

Overall, I was impressed with this bumper more than I thought I would. And I bought mine 2nd hand from a local guy here who ran it a bunch, and gave it some punishment, but it looks brand new!
I love that bumper!!! So sick
Old 03-03-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Click on the link on the bottom of my signature. Its their website and you can preview all they have to offer. I am saving up for their tire carrier. Quality stuff coupled with oustanding personel!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Jeep(NV)
I really need help deciding on the rear bumper I can't pick between the rock slider or the sheet metal

Any pictures of these to help me decide?
Sorry for the slow response. This is of my rear bumper, which I also had the ORF logo cut into the center, other than that logo not being in the center, this is exactly what you'd get (if you ordered the textured finish).

Hope this helps!

Yates
Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Default OR Fab Tire Carrier

Yates,
How do you like the OR Fab Tire Carrier? They claim it is rattle free, is that true. Does it open with the tailgate or do you have to open it separately. I'm debating between and integrated system like an E1 and a separate bumper and carrier like OR Fab makes and would take any feedback you have.

Thanks,
Lincoln
Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
Yates,
How do you like the OR Fab Tire Carrier? They claim it is rattle free, is that true. Does it open with the tailgate or do you have to open it separately. I'm debating between and integrated system like an E1 and a separate bumper and carrier like OR Fab makes and would take any feedback you have.

Thanks,
Lincoln
It opens separately. My brother just ordered the tire/can version from Northridge and I should be helping him install it in a couple of weeks. To me, it looks like a very practical and solid solution to getting the weight off the factory gate...and the price is awesome compared to most bumper carrier systems.

I'm sure Yates will respond with more specifics.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on OR-Fab Bumpers.