Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts or advice?

Old 04-04-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts or advice?

I think ive finally decided on my first major upgrade to my 08' Sahara JKU.

Im planning on getting 33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratrac tires from Townfair tire (hopefully theyll price match TireRack at $173, that seems like a steal for these tires) and ill be putting them on 15" Level 8 Tracker rims from DiscountTires. Does anyone know if i NEED to get the TPMS rebuild kit??? i would love to save a whole 16 bucks on that

also i think im going to only get 4 wheel and tires first then buy the spare set later.. as dumb as that may sound

Any of you guys have any thought or input to make this better or a smarter purchase?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tombstone-Actual
I think ive finally decided on my first major upgrade to my 08' Sahara JKU.

Im planning on getting 33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratrac tires from Townfair tire (hopefully theyll price match TireRack at $173, that seems like a steal for these tires) and ill be putting them on 15" Level 8 Tracker rims from DiscountTires. Does anyone know if i NEED to get the TPMS rebuild kit??? i would love to save a whole 16 bucks on that

also i think im going to only get 4 wheel and tires first then buy the spare set later.. as dumb as that may sound

Any of you guys have any thought or input to make this better or a smarter purchase?
You will at least have one of the old tires/rim as a spare yes?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:59 PM
JK Freak

Don't let the tire place tell you that you NEED to replace the TMPS. Tell them to bust out their 10mm socket or wrench and remove it and replace it on your new wheels…. I would def research the 15" wheels. There are not a lot of 15" wheels out there that will not clear the calipers without trimming them. Depending how difficult it is to balance your tire, this also plays a role in clearing the calipers. I swapped over to 15" wheels and had trouble with clearance, so spent an hour with a dremmel/caliper shaving.

Last edited by Battlefrog21; 04-04-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Level 8s will fit just fine. DTD did a great job listing which 15" wheels will fit.

If you do just get 4, don't leave the stock wheel/tire hanging on the back...it looks like ass!

Quick Reply: Thoughts or advice?