Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

For those of you with racks...

Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I'm buying the rack, just need to find the best shipping! Most of the prices around are similar, plus or minus some freebies. I'll let you guys know. Thanks again for all the input and PMs and everything. You guys are awesome.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by remark
I agree with this 100%
+1 on the trailer
I moved 4800km last summer with a 6x8 u-haul fully loaded for around $150. I really wanted a rack, but between lack of security, exposure to the elements and being tough to load (and low clearance in hotel parking garages) it just didn't make sense for moving.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcdoogz
+1 on the trailer
I moved 4800km last summer with a 6x8 u-haul fully loaded for around $150. I really wanted a rack, but between lack of security, exposure to the elements and being tough to load (and low clearance in hotel parking garages) it just didn't make sense for moving.
I think the thing for me is that I'm going to secure the gear and will need the rack again for certain. I'll also be getting rid of most of my stuff, so whatever I don't let go will come with me or ship fairly cheap. The security option I found are these steel-core cargo straps that have key locks on them... expensive, but exactly what I was looking for! Anyone else looking for a way to leave your gear strapped up top securely vs theft, google steel core cargo straps and you'll find 'em. Maybe the rack isn't the best idea for the move, but considering that I'd never keep or reuse a trailer, and I'd hate to rent a uhaul for that ridiculous cost (the estimates I've found we're HUGE), the rack that I'll use often in the future seems to be an opportunity I should take advantage of.

Quick Reply: For those of you with racks...