Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Those who have Herculined your interior....

Old 02-23-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those who have Herculined your interior....

Couple questions for you:

1. How is it holding up?

2. What did you do with the wiring harnesses so they werent flopping all over the place?

Thinking about doing it as soon as it warms up....
Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pressed the wiring back onto the attachment points that they were already on. I was planning on putting black duct tape over them to hide them but they didn't need it. you only really see them in the back along the edge of the tub. As long as you don't destroy the plastic fasteners when you take it apart you should be fine.

I just finished mine a week ago an so far it is holding up. I used the Herculiner UV protectant to keep it from fading.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i've herculined my CJ and if you do go this route, you really should UV coat it. if you do not, it will fade and become porous. the other think you should be aware of is that the carpeting is designed to insulate you from engine heat and road noise. while the herc will help a little better than bare steel, the carpeting does a much better job.

Quick Reply: Those who have Herculined your interior....