Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Those with Teraflex 2.5" lift kit please chime in

Old 01-22-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

The spacer goes in where the pipe is running downhill. So it pushes the crossover down as a result. I forget how much, maybe an inch? At that point it contacts any skid that attaches to the crossmember. Some guys use spacers on the skid then, but that's a bad idea as all the force is directed into a couple small areas on the crossmember.
My spacers definetly did not make the exhaust close to the skid plate. It pushed it back more, not down.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Thanks for all the comments here. One thing is that you do not need the exhaust spacers now with the 2.5" kit with shocks. Now if you go to the taller 3" coils and longer 3-4" shocks, then you will need the exhaust spacers.
I was told I needed the spacers for my 2.5" kit. The 2.5" kit measured me about 3" in front and 1.75" in the rear. If I wouldn't have gotten the exhaust spacers, I would've felt uncomfortable with the amount of space (or lack thereof) between the driveshaft and the exhaust y pipe.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I would always recommend the exhaust spacers with any lift, other than a leveling kit.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi guys did you do the 2.5 inch long arm kit ???
Old 01-23-2015, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did not. All my control arms are stock. Track bars are stock.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ikaros
Looks like we have some folks with a teraflex 2.5" lift here and would like to ask that you post up your thoughts on the lift kit.

I am considering the TF 2.5" lift spring kit
Those that have experience with this spring lift kit please let me know some thoughts on this kit.

Drivability on road (highway and city)
Drivability off road

Did you have to add anything else that wasn't included in the kit to improve drivability? Thanks in advance!

Meant to add planning on running 35's
I have the 2.5" budget boost. I added an adjustable front track bar because I wanted the axle perfectly re-centered. Running 35's. Tires do not rub, but I have aftermarket wheels with a couple extra inches of offset.

No exhaust spacers, wtf is that?

I would recommend getting adjustable lower control arms to push the caster back to perfect spec if you want to really feel stock, but I don't feel it's necessary, it's more of a luxury. Your highway handling will be more impacted by the tires you choose, and the quality of your alignment IMO - I have Mastercraft Courser AXT's which are a good compromise between being decent offroad and quiet on the highway.

Off road this has been amazing. Stock I was bottoming out everywhere. the 2.5" lift plus 35's is really all I needed to keep up with guys who have modded XJ's and TJ's with 3-5" lifts. 2.5" goes a long way on a JK. The JK flexes pretty decent stock, so sway bar disconnects even with my pucks allow for enough articulation that I've only actually felt I needed lockers in pretty extreme situations.

Last edited by boon4376; 01-23-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is great (13' JKUR, 35s). I have since added front track bar and RS9000xls. Drives great.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.offroadelements.com/teraf...ngler-jk-2007/

One of our more popular 2.5" kits. The RS9000XL shocks really smooth out the ride
Old 01-24-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been running the 2.5" Teraflex coil kit since 2011. No additional control arms or trackbar. Rear axle side mount. Started with shock adapters and then bought some used Bilsteins. I found that I still had more room to flex with my 33s so I removed the extra bumpstops for the time being. Everything is good at full flex including brake lines. I am considering adjustable front lower control arms at some point, but have run three years and lots of highway miles and offroad adventures without them. Good solid kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	temporary_zps1899fe66.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	593400

Last edited by PG-JKU; 01-24-2015 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies
Old 01-24-2015, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

This past summer we went to Moab and rented a JK for 3 days from Canyonlands Jeep Adventures. The TF 2.5 is what they had in all their Jeeps. That's what I put in mine and so far I am happy with it. I enjoyed the offroading in Moab with that set up and am happy with the on road handling of it also.

Quick Reply: Those with Teraflex 2.5" lift kit please chime in