Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Those that have 2.5" lift running 35's - Please Post Pix

Old 05-07-2007, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those that have 2.5" lift running 35's - Please Post Pix

I've searched and I know folks are running this setup, but I could not find JKs running this setup. I would really like to see your rigs and hear your comments on this setup, PROs & CONs......I'm very close to pulling the plug on the lift and wheels, I'm waitng for my 35 BFG Muds to arrive.. Thanks in advance.

Hey, if you guys running the 3" lift want to chime and tell me the pros and cons of those setups, I would greatly appreciate that as well.

Keep in mind, my interest in the BB over the 3" is mostly due to my lack of serious wheeling, mud and sand is all my JK will probably ever see.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, nothing?!?!?!?!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

i'm very interested in this too. My jk shows up next week, and as soon as i get it in my driveway i'm ordering wheels and tires. It will be the 2.5'' BB with either 34s or 35s...with wheel spacers of course.

Last edited by Summit; 05-08-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Here's a few shots of my JK with a TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost and 35" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T's...

Click here to see a few more pics

Pros:
• Super cheap and comes complete with everything you need
• Will clear 35" tires
• Ride is exactly the same as stock

Cons:
• Some rubbing of the fenders may occur at a full flex
• Articulation is limited a bit but totally acceptable
• Axles will be shifted over a bit but not by much

Please let me know if you have any other questions
Old 05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

I am concerned about the same thing. I placed the order for 20" wheels, 35" Nitto MG tires, and a 2.5" SkyJacker lift today but canceled it because I just learned Skyjacker is no longer making red parts....they're all black. I wonder though what I will do if after installing the said parts I get a lot of rub. I can't go bigger on the lift because of the warranty and with the large wheels I won't be able to go smaller tires. What can I do if, in fact, there ends up being some rubbing?

Wayoflife, How wide are the tires on that Jeep? VERY NICE BY THE WAY!! My tires are 12.5" but actually measure a little less and are a little less than 35" tall so I think I'll be OK but the guys at the shop keep telling me the lift won't work for shoes that big.......I see it done everywhere though.....just like the above pictures.

Am I making a mistake??
Old 05-08-2007, 04:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snatchpeterman

Am I making a mistake??
I don't know but I wanna see the pics when it's done.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Red

No more skyjacker red? That sucks. The red part makes skyjacker. JUST NOT THE SAME.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Why can't you go bigger because of warranty? Warranty has nothing to do with size of lift only that a failure caused by the lift (and proven to be the case) will not be covered
I confirmed with several people at the dealership that if you lift it more than 2.5" then none of the suspension parts or related components will be covered under warranty. I don't have MUCH of a problem with this but I sure would like to have a 3" or 4" for when I finally decide to get rowdy with it and get full use of that disconnecting sway bar!! With 35" tires and a 2.5" lift....I bet I'll be a little disappointed with my suspension travel.....what do you think?

IF I CAN GO 3" or 4" WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARRANTY.....SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS FOR ME......I'M ABOUT TO MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE IF I ( the guys at the dealership) AM WRONG!!

Thanks Guys!!

Originally Posted by SteelBlue07
No more skyjacker red? That sucks. The red part makes skyjacker. JUST NOT THE SAME.
No Joke....now I have to buy an old kit off ebay or something. My rims have red inserts and I have lots of other red accents so red coils are a MUST!! Who else makes red coils?? Anyone?? Any other 2.5" lifts with all red components?

Last edited by Snatchpeterman; 05-08-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Not my research but this was posted in another thread...

Federal Warranty Laws
1.The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of the law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle maker's brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name...” (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).
Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

this is my tera flex 2.5 with 35x12.50x17 no problems
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jk 05.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1562  

Quick Reply: Those that have 2.5" lift running 35's - Please Post Pix