Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thinking of upgrading to a 4" lift

Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
I heard the long arms aren't really necessary on the JK until 6" of lift, as the factory arms are long enough. Researched and most people says the flexarm kit rides great on a 2dr. I'm looking to maybe just getting the rest of the arms, as I already have the rear uppers. Was wondering if my AEV front control arm brackets would suffice, because I heard they are good until about 5" of lift.
The factory arms are long on jk's. The wheelbase on a 4dr on 4in of lift helps with the ride on short arms. A 2dr with a TF 4in will be pushin 5.5- 6in of reality lift. You will need steering correction of some sort and a buncha stuff thats already listed. So yeah, longarms above 4in of lift.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snopro269
I'm currently running a TF 3 inch with 1 inch spacer in rear and a TF 3 inch and ACOS up front with a 1.25 BL
TeraFlex front and rear trackbars
8 adj control arms
Front and rear Drive Shafts

Front guessted and sleeved
dynatrac ball joints
RCV axles
Reid outter knuckles
Currie drag link which is flipped
******* front lower shock relocates
And rear EVO rockstars skids with ******* upper shock relocates with Fox 4-6 inch shocks
What ya need to know?!?
I have a lot of trial and error

Last edited by snopro269; 04-06-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

The 8 short control arm setup is different in the rear than when a person just buys a set of control arms
They are 1 inch longer so if you already have a set make sure they are long enough because when you start going upwards you really gotta lengthen to recenter the rear axle
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3116351330.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	300562  
Old 04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Hmmm.. Would it be easier to upgrade to a 3" lift? Maybe I can just swap coils/bump stops and add some sway bar discos? I'm thinking now I should do that and then get some flat flares to clear 37's? Swapping to a 4" seems like a PIA unless I remove and sell my current lift and just buy a new 4" kit from TF. I don't know....
Old 04-06-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
Hmmm.. Would it be easier to upgrade to a 3" lift? Maybe I can just swap coils/bump stops and add some sway bar discos? I'm thinking now I should do that and then get some flat flares to clear 37's? Swapping to a 4" seems like a PIA unless I remove and sell my current lift and just buy a new 4" kit from TF. I don't know....
Maybe a set of 1 inch spacers in rear and front a 1 inch or 1.25 inch BL not sure what a manual can get away with
Front Adj lowers control arms and rear uppers

Quick Reply: Thinking of upgrading to a 4" lift