Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

thinking outload

Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking outload

Anyone know what the diff. is between an '06 bumper and an '07, is it just a couple of holes Wider frame?)? can one be taken to the local weld guy for some minor modifications? there are a ton of really good TJ front bumpers out there.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UberX
Anyone know what the diff. is between an '06 bumper and an '07, is it just a couple of holes Wider frame?)? can one be taken to the local weld guy for some minor modifications? there are a ton of really good TJ front bumpers out there.
Just thinking about your idea... anything can be modded to work. I think JK is about 5-6" wider than TJ. The JK bumper on my rig mounts via 8 bolts behind tow hooks, (which could be welded onto differnt bumper of course). It would be an interesting project, however, only if you have an nice aftermarket TJ bumper sitting in your garage that you won't mind modding. I'd probably wait a little longer for a bumper that you like, that comes out for the JK. Just my 2 cents....

Quick Reply: thinking outload