Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thinking of going with OME springs

Old 01-13-2008, 01:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of going with OME springs

I have had the TF BB for about 4 weeks now and I'm thinking of upgrading to some OME coils and shocks. I like the TF kit, but I had an OME lift on my TJ and loved it. You guys running the OME kit, what was your final amount of lift after setttling? Curious because I want it to sit around 3 - 3 1/2 front and rear. How is the ride vs. stock springs?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:56 AM
Fallen Hero

I am not for sure but I remember reading something about it here.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/tf-2-5-vs-ome-2-a-21857/
Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 AM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nukeman
I have had the TF BB for about 4 weeks now and I'm thinking of upgrading to some OME coils and shocks. I like the TF kit, but I had an OME lift on my TJ and loved it. You guys running the OME kit, what was your final amount of lift after setttling? Curious because I want it to sit around 3 - 3 1/2 front and rear. How is the ride vs. stock springs?
My personal opinion is the OME ride is better than stock on and off road IF you're adding alot of weight. I added bumper, skid, and winch on the front and bumper on the rear. After that my stock Rubi suspension was less than 1" from the bump stops up front. That made it very stiff with limited travel. After talking with David at Northridge I decided to go with HD front springs and MD springs for the rear. Front I think you have a choice of Light or Heavy and rear you can pick from 0 lb load, 300 lb load, or 600 lb load. If you're not adding weight up front you might want to go LD. I added FT adj trackbars to recenter the axles since the lift will move them about 3/8" in opposite directions.

On-road it handles great: minimal body roll, corners good, no ESP issues with mine (make sure you recenter the steering wheel), a bit stiff on bumps but no more than the Rubi suspension. Off-road OME is the cadillac: smooth and plenty of flex.

I've had mine on for a couple of weeks and it really hasn't settled yet. It measures 38 1/4" tall at the center of the wheels from ground to fender opening or 19 1/8" at the front of the rocker skid and 20 1/8" at the rear of the rocker skid. That's with the included 1/2" shims installed up front. Mine had bad rake from the factory and all the weight up front made it even worse so I installed the shims without any question.

I've got before and after pics in My Project JK. Now I just need a little bit more rubber to make it look right. It does wander a tad so I have a feeling the allignment shop will tell me I need adj upper control arms to get more caster but it's not that bad. I've been driving it for several weeks.

From stock Rubi height I got about 3 1/8" front and 2 1/2" rear. From its squatted condition after the bumpers and winch it was 4" front and 2 1/2" rear.

Last edited by CJK; 01-13-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the TF spacers and the OME shocks and like it alot.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Jedi Master

The OME rides great. Much better than stock. IMO. I just got mine on this weekend. It is a little flighty, but I am waiting for it to settle some before deciding if I will need new upper arms or not.
I already had an LoD front bumper w/ winch ann a LoD rear bumper w/ tire carrier and I got a full 2" of lift in the back and a little more than 2" in the front.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
The OME rides great. Much better than stock. IMO. I just got mine on this weekend. It is a little flighty, but I am waiting for it to settle some before deciding if I will need new upper arms or not.
I already had an LoD front bumper w/ winch ann a LoD rear bumper w/ tire carrier and I got a full 2" of lift in the back and a little more than 2" in the front.
Hey ROBAR did you get the HD kit or the LD?
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by crossbones
Hey ROBAR did you get the HD kit or the LD?
David, at Northbridge4x4, sent me the HD kit.

OMEJK4DHK
OME619 2 FRONT HEAVY COILS
N196 2 FRONT SHOCKS
OMEJKPF10 2 FRONT TRIM PACKERS
OME618 2 REAR HEAVY COILS
N198 2 REAR SHOCKS
Old 01-13-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

David, at Northbridge4x4, sent me the HD kit.

OMEJK4DHK
OME619 2 FRONT HEAVY COILS
N196 2 FRONT SHOCKS
OMEJKPF10 2 FRONT TRIM PACKERS
OME618 2 REAR HEAVY COILS
N198 2 REAR SHOCKS
The LOD bumpers must be heavy, I know that some have gotten 3+ even with aftermarket bumpers.. oh well I guess I will just have to do it and see myself!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi Master

The bumpers & winch added about 300 pounds total to the weight of the Jeep.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

The bumpers & winch added about 300 pounds total to the weight of the Jeep.
did you use the trim packers?

Quick Reply: Thinking of going with OME springs