Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thinking about some mild suspension upgrades...

Old 04-29-2016 | 04:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kenO129
If your not interested in major lifting via springs and such you can also go with a body lift that doesn't even bother with the suspension, but you'll need extensions for break lines and all those fun factors that come with it, but people usually go for the suspension lift and upgrade as they go
Depends on what year it is really. Anything 2011+ has longer brake lines in the front. Just have to pull them out of the stupid shock mounts they're routed through. I added Crown braided brake lines when I lifted and discovered the stock ones were actually longer than what I was upgrading to.
Old 04-29-2016 | 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Yea I looked into it when I started, it seemed like the suspension kit was the way to go. But if the ride height isant a factor and don't need the ground clearance, and you just want the "lifted look" than that's the better choice. I'm setting up for new tires and a 2"lift myself

Quick Reply: Thinking about some mild suspension upgrades...