Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thinking about getting a jk

Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the money I think it's about right. You can hardly buy a brand new sport and set it up like that for 30k (at least around here anyway) as far as the steering you might have to invest some into it. But I believe if you can find a good shop or are handy by yourself this can be done without breaking the bank and putting a smile on your face.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Test drive a new one off the lot. When I drove the 2 door it reminded me of a go cart. (The Jeep turned quick)

19000 miles, it's still a new Jeep. You don't want to be making payment and working on problems at the same time.

PS: You should have gotten some good underneath suspension shots.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I think thats a hell of a deal. Hell here in Colorado. I searched for a 2012 sport for a month and couldn't find anything under 32K. And thats stock!!! I ended up talking him down to 27K but still, after all the mods I have on it its well over 35K.

Also, Sounds like he is just complaining. Probably doesn't have the rear seat locked in. And the lift obviously isnt a complete kit if hes running 2 different kinds of shocks. My bet is yes its a 4" kit. But it probably didnt come with Adjustable track bars or control arms/brackets. Which is causing the steering/diving problem.

I installed my 4" kit in 2 days. the first day i only installed the Coils, brake line extensions, and rear links. That day my jeep was doing just that, steering weird and diving into turns. Installed the lower front control arm brackets and the asdjustable track bar and it went away.

Remember you can buy these things for a good price.

If I were you I would take it in a heartbeat. The engine head misfire is warrented anyway no matter if you are the original owner or not because its a recall!!!

Geterdone and get that bad boy!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless I missed it in the photos, I didn't see any locker switches, so it appears to just have the Rubicon stickers and not actually be a Rubicon. If that is the case, it's NOT worth what they are asking.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

The locker switch's are there to the left of the Steering Wheel.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2013, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, I see them now, hard to tell in that one photo. In that case, yes, that's not a bad price, especially if you can talk them down anymore. Be careful though, the Jeep bug is dangerous, it gets expensive QUICK 😁.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by chargermop
The locker switch's are there to the left of the Steering Wheel.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
It's almost a coin toss...

I started out with a 2012 sport and built it up beyond a Rubicon, it was a tad stressful, almost like building a house with all the decisions to be made...

I apologize if I missed it, but have you test driven a very similar rubicon?

how far do you want to take it mod wise? How far past the "stock" Rubicon?

i never got the whole satisfaction of modding it, or having it modded heavily, until I went through it myself.

i have a couple of friends who did it with classic muscle cars...

every time I drive my jk I'm just plain old happy...can't really explain it, but there is a real tangible value, for me, in knowing every single thing that I had done to it and I lucked out and everything worked out as well or better than I expected.

not sure having done it this way, how I'd feel finding it already done...

It's probably a great deal, as long as your sure you won't wish you had done it differently, and you don't have too much more you want done to it, as long as there are no surprises.

matthew
Old 12-30-2013, 08:30 AM
cfr
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chargermop
2. When I drove it the front end didn't feel stable is this because of the lift? By stable I mean if turned the wheel a small amount it felt like the front end wanted to dive in that direction.
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't buy a lifted jeep unless it drove well. Could turn into a money pit to fix.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a jk