Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thinking about getting a jk

Old 12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a jk

I found this modified jk " Vehicle Gallery - Southwest Motors " here's a brief description the original owner had on craigslist before he traded it in minus the extra stuff " 2012 jeep rubicon. It has 19,000 miles and has been lifted for the last 9,000. I bought it brand new and has never been left outside and barely has seen rain. It has a 4 inch lift with billstein reservoir shocks, bush wacker fender flares, xd wheels with 35 inch Mickey Thomson tires, after market front and rear bumpers, led fog lights, new 8k winch with synthetic rope,train horn,banks exhaust,intake, navigation, heated seats." . I have a 79 cj7 and 06 charger srt8 that this would replace and I do drive 30 miles a day back and forth to work up the highway. I love the 2012 rubicon but here are some of my concerns,
1. the early 3.6 head problems this one was built 2/2012
2. When I drove it the front end didn't feel stable is this because of the lift? By stable I mean if turned the wheel a small amount it felt like the front end wanted to dive in that direction.
3. The back seat was flopping around?
4. The hard top looked like it had been drop on the back there didn't appear to be any real damage.

Any Suggestions or Advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Looks like a nice JK, but for that money you could just buy a new one and not have to worry about the early motor problems or what may have been done correctly/incorrectly to it. Then as a bonus you can build it the way you want. Good luck
Old 12-28-2013, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 13JeepJK
Looks like a nice JK, but for that money you could just buy a new one and not have to worry about the early motor problems or what may have been done correctly/incorrectly to it. Then as a bonus you can build it the way you want. Good luck
you won't be buying and setting up a new one like this for $30k. That's a guarantee.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

And that's exactly what I thought I just didn't want to miss an opportunity:-(

Old 12-28-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

I liked it just not sure I loved it

Old 12-28-2013, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be worried if it's diving as soon as you turn the wheel the the shocks are trashed or ball joints on there way out you could spend the next year chasing steering problems if he put a crappy lift in wrong

sent from the Bottom of the mud pit
Old 12-28-2013, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll only have the Bilstein Reservoir shocks in the front?
Old 12-28-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah it does only have the Bilsteins on the front, I was wondering about that also? Could this be the problem with the feel of the front end that they are to soft?

Old 12-28-2013, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They got some money in it. Is there a place you can take it to....like a suspension shop to give you an estimate on fixing some of the issues in question?
Old 12-28-2013, 08:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shocks are not causing the dive feeling into corners. You need to raise the rear trackbar to lift the rear roll center reducing roll oversteer

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a jk