Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

think i fixed death wobble

Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think i fixed death wobble

hi there as you can tell from the tittle i have dw and heads up not the best speller so sorry in advance. i own a 2012 jeep jk unlimited with just over 15k on it. there is a 4 inch rancho lift kits , jks adjustable track bar and rough country adjustable lower control arms. i have had dw for 4 months now and spent well over $3000 trying to fix it. with several aliments and many mechices i have had no luck until today. i am still running stock tires and today at chysler we tryed puting on 33 mickey thompsons baja claws to see if it woud make a difference and behold the dw was gone we drove over and over a set of rail road tracks that would set it off before and it dident do it once with the bigger tires. i have not seen a post where bigger tires were the cure for dw so i am confused was it just a flulk or is it a possible fix i guess the the stock tires were not balanced properly maby? also i have played around alot with the caster angle and had the top draglink end and driver side tierod replaced aswell also the basics checking all bolts and retighting. any adivce you can give me would be greatly appricated i just dont want to spend $2000 on tires only to find thats it was just masking it temperorly or it not the fix thanks alot in advance

ps i dont do offroading so no damage that way
Old 12-18-2012, 01:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

O fixed mine by getting a new stabilizer and. New drag link.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:33 AM
JK Freak

Northridge 4x4 JK Grade 8 Hardware Kit

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/nr...k-hardware-kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiydwQHc7QQ

Quick Reply: think i fixed death wobble