Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

There's a Build Comin' - Y'all Chime In

Old 01-12-2015, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default There's a Build Comin' - Y'all Chime In

Hey guys - getting ready to undertake a build for show and event purposes. Now, now, before everyone disses and throws this thread to the side, we are still planning on putting quality components into it. There are certain things that won't be to everyone's liking...such as large lift for pavement intent, big tires that are aggressive and will be used to chauffeur the princess around, and huge wheels that we won't want to scratch. But I would still like my fellow jeep gurus to chime in with some thoughts about solidifying the setup. Completely disregard full blown axle replacement. Think 6-8" of lift and what you would do to strengthen it instead. Try to be respectful and understand this is for a good cause which I will reveal at a later date. Now hit me with some ideas...and it is a JKUR. Thanks in advance for the support and any ideas thrown my way.

Sam
Old 01-12-2015, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is absolutely no reason to put a 6-8" lift on a JK.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

If you do retarded things people will treat you like a retard. 6"-8" of lift on a JK is retarded. If you really want some decent info on building you are going to have to throw out some more details then "big wheels you don't want to scratch". Be specific on what you are thinking and trow out a projected budget.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 01-12-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

lol I knew it was coming I'll be a good sport. Now that we got the uselessness of it out of the way, hopefully some folks will chime in with some ideas.

Sam
Old 01-12-2015, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Think 42" tires, 22x14 wheels...budget is in the air and it will be built throughout the year so we aren't extremely limited.

Sam
Old 01-12-2015, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
Think 42" tires, 22x14 wheels...budget is in the air and it will be built throughout the year so we aren't extremely limited.

Sam
42" tires but you're leaving the stock axles? Look up del rey customs I'm sure this build will be on par with that abortion.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JE8154
42" tires but you're leaving the stock axles? Look up del rey customs I'm sure this build will be on par with that abortion.
lol I've seen it. Trust me I get it. This forum is dedicated to the most capable offroad vehicle being made stock. I like to wheel with the rest of them but as previously stated this is more for a cause and event purposes. I'm not ruling out any options. With that being said, I'm looking for the experiences folks to chime in with ideas. If axle replacement is an absolute must, then we can throw it in as a serious consideration and go from there. I would like to hear and see options around d44 strengthening etc though.

Sam
Old 01-12-2015, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If it will never touch dirt, you can probably wait on axles. For the lift, it doesn't really matter which company or combination of products you use, if it's only needed for height to clear the tires, why worry about it. (trailered to events?)

There are plenty of threads on strengthening the front housing, I'm sure you read all about it in the del rey thread. Just add up the costs and decide what all you want/need. You will be regearing for that size tire, so it's a good time to truss and/or sleeve.

Last edited by nthinuf; 01-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Go up to What's in Our Shop, click Jeep JK Punisher / Del Rey Customs, enjoy...
As mentioned above. I've seen it. Let's put aside the hate and discontent for the idea. Offer suggestions.

Sam
Old 01-12-2015, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over 3 years and 1000 post and you don't know what you need? Ok, looks like you left for awhile. So all you know is you want big?

Last edited by arasco85; 01-12-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: There's a Build Comin' - Y'all Chime In