Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is there something wrong with the SmittyBilt Brand?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there something wrong with the SmittyBilt Brand?

I'm looking to buy a Mesh Top for my Jk so I looked online and the SmittyBilt bran is by far the cheapest on the radar. I'm not trying to be cheap and get whatever costs less, I'm looking for something reliable but don't wanna pay triple price for a Brand Name either....The important things for me are durability and minimal wind on highways....
Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made in china vs made in the usa. Means a lot to some, not so much to others. You need to decide how much weight that carries with you and if that thought justifies the additional $$
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Gotcha.....I see thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have tons of Smittybilt products on my JK, but one I really WOULD NOT GET AGAIN are their bikini tops/sun shades. I made that mistake a little over a year ago. The top had tons of wind noise and would always bubble up with air. I took it off immediately and then just a little while ago bought the SpiderWeb Shade. WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD.. Very quiet and stays flat, just a bit pricier ($90) but well worth it! Hope this helps!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

I have a smitty winch and side steps.

Side steps are great.

Winch works great but the finish is garbage.

I am on my second one, they replaced the first at my cost to ship it back and its been a couple months and the crisp black gloss finish is already turning grey.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smitty Winch plate was poor fitting. Took lots of reaming and prying to get it to work. Smitty compressor just died 2 weeks outside of its warranty, and Ive only used it for 6 or 7 air ups. Needless to say they wont be getting anymore of my or any of my friends money if I can help it.

Rob
Old 08-01-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Ok so there is a reason they are low priced....well I appreciate all your input SmittyBilt will not take my money for low quality stuff...thanks guys jeep ppl are awesome!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Friends don't let friends buy Smitty.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

While i have you guys here i was wondering about aftermarket products i saw on ebay....I got so anxious to take my doors and top off that i mad a bid for these check them out and see what you all think....

JEEP mirrors 2007/12 Rectangular 5X8 BLACK wrangler ALL models Ridecraft | eBay
Old 08-01-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep0406
While i have you guys here i was wondering about aftermarket products i saw on ebay....I got so anxious to take my doors and top off that i mad a bid for these check them out and see what you all think....

JEEP mirrors 2007/12 Rectangular 5X8 BLACK wrangler ALL models Ridecraft | eBay
I bought the same ones about a month back although I had to buy from their website because this seller was sold out. I love them so far. They fit perfectly and I've been up to 60mph with no visions or having them come loose. Only suggestion I've read is to get some plastic washers to protect the finish of your hinges but I didn't really care considering its a jeep and I'm sure I'll do worse to it before I'm done.

Quick Reply: Is there something wrong with the SmittyBilt Brand?