Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is there a downside to a body lift?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick heads up/side note, since some of you have body lifts and others will be getting one, you might want to check out this thread where you can win some free OR-Fab products just for showing your body lifted Jeep. Even if its stacked with a suspension.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...bumper-249767/
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Hubs
Just a quick heads up/side note, since some of you have body lifts and others will be getting one, you might want to check out this thread where you can win some free OR-Fab products just for showing your body lifted Jeep. Even if its stacked with a suspension.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...bumper-249767/
Crap...gotta get on that for sure!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's nothing wrong with adding a quality body lift. If you're looking to run larger tires without a suspension lift it's a perfectly fine and inexpensive way to go. I put a Rough Country 1.25" body lift and flat fenders on my Rubicon JKU so I could run 35" tires and it works very well. I chose the Rough Country lift because I liked the design of their spacers best (mounting method and contact area).
Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Like what others mentioned, a good quality body lift is another avenue to add another 1" without having to touch your suspension. I ran one on my '08 and never had any issues. The only downside I can think of is if you plan on running a snorkel in the future. I wonder if there will be any fitment issues with the BL

Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

A body lift is like stuffing socks in a bra. Might look tempting from 20 feet away but completely useless hands on.
There is no reasonable benefit from using this approach. I wouldn't even say yes for a chromed out bling bling mall crawler
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raising your vehicle vertical roll center isnt a good thing either. Big NO on a body lift.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I put a 1" body on for two reasons one was a geometry with a rubicon 3 1/2 super-flex instead of a 4 1/2 needing driveshaft right away and two I pulled my carpet and to get my floor cooler.

Quick Reply: Is there a downside to a body lift?