Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Theft deterrent?

Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a mean stink eye.......
Old 11-26-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No pics of them in the jeep but they are great with the kids and 220 lbs of bite ur face off when someone comes to close to the jeep unless I'm around

Click image for larger version

Name:	quincy and bo-1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	241927
Old 11-26-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

If you are really worried about someone stealing your stuff then use security hardware. They make bolts, nuts, and screws that you will need a special tool to remove; it's a pain in the ass though when you actually want to take something off.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dont leave anything, even cheap thing visible in your cabin.... Cause some f...... guys will break your 200$ glass for 10$ stuff.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't leave stuff in view but my subs in the back are hard to hide with the top and doors off. My dogs do just fine. They may get my subs but they might loose a limb in the process. It's funny cause everyone is scared of the pit but my weimaraner is a lot more likely to get after someone.

Last edited by medic_23387; 11-26-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danmojo82
Im always a firm believer of keeping it locked and in a spot where its easy to see. If its in a back corner of a parking garage or on the side of your house with no way to see it, I think youre more likely. I just hope that people dont show up with a ratchet set to steal my stuff. Plus it doesnt hurt that me and all my neighbors have guns and use them quite often, gotta love a military town in Alabama.
I installed a new deck and subwoofer set up about a year ago. I was sick for about three days with my jeep parked on the side of my house. There was nothing but a wall separating me from my Jeep. Sometime during the night while I was sick and watching TV, some assholes slashed my back window and stole my sub and ripped out my new deck breaking all the trim along the way. They also stole pretty much everything else including a maglite, tow straps, sunglasses and whatever else they thought was valuable. I have a garage now so I don't have to worry about it to much anymore.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks all. Keep the ideas coming. Love to hear what folks are using.

What I am mainly concerned about are the parts on the outside of the Jeep, bumpers, winches, light bars, etc. It might sound odd but I've had a couple folks get their bumpers stolen while sitting in their driveway...and these were off of little commuter cars in what you could consider nicer neighborhoods. Years ago I had some ass hat break the lock nuts off of three of my wheels while X-mas shopping at a mall. Someone must have scared him off though as I got back to the car to find each of the nuts by the tire. I just don't want to spend thousands of dollars just to have them become early Christmas presents for some theives.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Like I was saying, just go online to Fastenal or Mcmaster-Carr and buy yourself some security nuts/bolts for all your exterior things. Just remember to keep the tool in the jeep incase you need to have a trail repair. It's probably the cheapest AND safest way to go.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

A couple years ago I parked at a movie theatre with the doors off. When I came out after the movie I noticed someone pried the plastic handle off my locked glovebox. They didn't succeed and now it's a real pain in the ass to get in and out of. Funniest part is the center console was unlocked with the keys and booklet of CDs in it...untouched! Also had about $300 in tools in the cargo area, guess I dodged a bullet on that one!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HumblePie
Thanks all. Keep the ideas coming. Love to hear what folks are using.

What I am mainly concerned about are the parts on the outside of the Jeep, bumpers, winches, light bars, etc.
for bumpers and stuff with large bolts, have a buddy tack-weld the bolt head to the bracket or whatever. You'll just have to use a grinder to remove the weld before you can remove the bolt in the future. For smaller pieces, security nuts are a good way to go. Of course, given enough time a thief can steal anything he wants. The majority of security nuts can be removed with tools from any auto parts store, "lugnut remover".

Quick Reply: Theft deterrent?