Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF Performance Level, do I need spacers to run stock rims/tires?

Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TF Performance Level, do I need spacers to run stock rims/tires?

I just bought a TF performance level kit and I am wondering if I need spacers to run stock rims and tires? The box says that I would have too.
I am eventually going to swap out the tires for some 295/65/18's and keep the stock rims. But until then the stocks are staying.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. I really dont know why the kit says that. Probably just for liability so you actually check for rubbing. I have the kit on mine with the stock 32inch tire package. bfg mud tires and 17 inch rims and theres no rubbing. . . . Unless you count the rubbing from my short ass gf trying to climb in! Not built for short people
Old 12-20-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm running a 285/75/18 with no issues. Any bigger and you will be rubbing. The lift says you need spacers becuase most people run larger tires like 33's or 34's.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Blue, what tires did you buy? My jeeps new so the mud tires it came with should be good for a while, but it cant hurt to start planning now!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Grateful for the responses guys! The level is going in on friday and I wanted to make sure. Looking forward to getting rid of that rake. It has been driving me crazy since I got the jeep!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK_R&D
Blue, what tires did you buy? My jeeps new so the mud tires it came with should be good for a while, but it cant hurt to start planning now!
Really depends on what you want to do with your JK. I bought a used set of BFG rugged trails I think. All the off roading in my area is beach driving so they work ok. You can't go wrong with their All-Terains.

Quick Reply: TF Performance Level, do I need spacers to run stock rims/tires?