Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF Lift on 2011 4door

Old 06-27-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Since the 2011 have longer front brake lines than the older models, all you need to do is unbolt the factory line down by the coil bucket on the axle. The instructions need to updated for the 2011 models.
I am running your 2.5" coil lift and love it, so don't take this the wrong way but I do not find this to be an adequate solution for my 2011. When I tried this it looked like the lines (abs and brake) could slip inside the spring and get pinched by the coils as they compress.

I ended up making extensions for the brackets out of home depot parts for $10. This raised the brackets about 3", compensating for the lift and keeping the lines permanently clear of the springs. I believe this is what the kit should do also.

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-27-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: pic added...
Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You don't have to worry about your lines. The kit comes with rear drop extension brackets. You do not need to replace the front's.
I need to go take pics of what I ended up with. I had the kit installed by 4Wheel Parts and they told me i did not need brackets. i fear they did not install them if they come w the kit
Old 06-27-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just unhooked the bracket, ran it behind the shock and wrapped it with black electrical tape so it would not scar up my Bilstiens. Looks cheap but works great.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

After reading this post I went and looked at my 2.5" BB with spacers on my 2011. While the front brake lines have a little extra length with the bracket installed, there doesn't appear to be near enough length to deal with a disconnected stabilizer off-road. I'm sure glad I didn't go off-road before realizing this problem existed. I guess I'll follow this post for awhile and then pick the best long term solution before going off-road.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Default After install

This is what mine looks like after cutting the bracket off the brake line and rerouting it behind the shock. (previously mounted on the red arrow)

A dremmel was used to carefully cut the machine-pressed bracket that was around the brake line; I should have taken a 'before' picture. Now the lines are just free floating....

Old 06-27-2011, 08:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hacker
After reading this post I went and looked at my 2.5" BB with spacers on my 2011. While the front brake lines have a little extra length with the bracket installed, there doesn't appear to be near enough length to deal with a disconnected stabilizer off-road. I'm sure glad I didn't go off-road before realizing this problem existed. I guess I'll follow this post for awhile and then pick the best long term solution before going off-road.
At first, I remounted the bracket to its original location. At regular stance, there were no issues with the length of the brake line. At medium flex the line becomes fully taut, and would be ripped off at full flex. We tested this with a floor jack...
Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, here is a pic of what the 2.5" coil lift with the factory line set up (no bracket extensions or removing the bracket) looks like under flex on the 2011. This pic was taken by another member about 5 months ago and posted in one of the other threads on this topic. It is worth noting that this pic is during install and there is no shock limiting his droop, but my kit with shock extensions made my lines look similar to this when flexed...

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-28-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
I am running your 2.5" coil lift and love it, so don't take this the wrong way but I do not find this to be an adequate solution for my 2011. When I tried this it looked like the lines (abs and brake) could slip inside the spring and get pinched by the coils as they compress.

I ended up making extensions for the brackets out of home depot parts for $10. This raised the brackets about 3", compensating for the lift and keeping the lines permanently clear of the springs. I believe this is what the kit should do also.

Nice simple solution! I will bring this up with R&D that we need to consider adding a small pair of brackets or have them as a option.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FireTrail741
Yes, that would be great (TeraFlex). I too wanted to make my own brackets but have been in town enough to make them. That would really complete the kit.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...16#post2377016
Old 06-29-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Look at the pictures of the drooping break line behind the shock on Awesomes post. If you turn the wheel hard to the left the break line will droop even more and can get caught under the shock bracket. Verified this on my 2011 with a 2.5" lift. Then with a little extension and articulation off-road the brake line will become taught with the weight of the axle and potentially break. The only solution I'm comfortable with right now is to leave the break line in front of the shock and build an extension bracket like the one shown earlier on this forum. Before I accomplish this on Saturday I'll be checking to see what thoughts and ideas show up on this post.

Last edited by hacker; 06-29-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: TF Lift on 2011 4door