Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF Lift on 2011 4door

Old 06-26-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Lift on 2011 4door

Anyone install a TF 2.5 Coil/Shock lift on a 2011 Sport 4door? Specifically about the front brake-line and abs lines: the kit didn't seem to have brackets to relocate the lines, but can't be installed otherwise.

Anyone have any solutions?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have a Sport model, but I replaced the brake lines when I did the lift. Seemed like the right thing to do. I have heard of others just bending the bracket.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by awesomo
Anyone install a TF 2.5 Coil/Shock lift on a 2011 Sport 4door? Specifically about the front brake-line and abs lines: the kit didn't seem to have brackets to relocate the lines, but can't be installed otherwise.

Anyone have any solutions?
I just purchased mine this past week, emailed them to ask this same thing. They told me the kit does come with brackets.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting mine on next weekend, throw up some side shot pictures along with the brake line shots.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FireTrail741
The front brake lines are different on the 2011's. You cannot bend the tubing up top the same way as previous years.

You must disconnect the bracket near the spring. Some have removed the metal bracket all together. Mine is still on and tie wrapped to the bottom coil of the spring so it doesn't pinch it.. I have not yet made a new bracket for this issue. Lazy to deal with that.
When I installed mine this past weekend, I ended up removing/cutting the bracket off the line completely and re-routed it behind the shock. My friend (JKnockers) and I analyzed the setup, and it doesn't look like there are any potential pinch/obstruction points... I'll get pics up tonight
Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

Isn't this advertised as a complete lift? Why do I have to worry about my lines now? Lift just got installed by 4WP
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005
Isn't this advertised as a complete lift? Why do I have to worry about my lines now? Lift just got installed by 4WP
You don't have to worry about your lines. The kit comes with rear drop extension brackets. You do not need to replace the front's.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You don't have to worry about your lines. The kit comes with rear drop extension brackets. You do not need to replace the front's.
Comparing my 2011 and another 2010 JKU, the front brake lines are routed and bracketed completely different. To install the the coil and shock, it was necessary to detach bracket from the axle. After installing the coil, shock, and bracket, the line was fully taut at normal stance. It was necessary to leave the bracket unmounted and rerouted behind the shock. The bracket was machine pressed around the brake line, so it needed to be cut off to prevent the bracket from rattling against the shock.

I feel the kit didn't compensate for 2011 changes.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with you. I unbolted my brake lines from the frame on my 2011 and have just left them loose until I had a chance to figure out what to do with them. I feel there should have been a lowering bracket like there was for the rear.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the 2011 have longer front brake lines than the older models, all you need to do is unbolt the factory line down by the coil bucket on the axle. The instructions need to updated for the 2011 models.

Quick Reply: TF Lift on 2011 4door