Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF Leveling Kit: What Else is Needed

Old 07-28-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Leveling Kit: What Else is Needed

So I've read, and read....and read. I'm trying to compile in one place, all the things that are, or are not needed, to compliment a TF Performance Leveling kit . Presuming an after market 16" wheel with a 4-5" BS.:

From the top:

1) Can you run 33" without rubbing at full flex on the flares?

2) Can you run 315/75/16 (34.6 they claim, but others say it's less) without rubbing at flares?

3) Do you need (read need as : Is it going to significantly change anything) adjustable lower control arms - what is impact of this kit on caster?

4) Do you need adjustable trackbar's (Front/ Rear) or trackbar brackets?

5) Do you need to do anything with the factory bumpstops

6) Do you need brake line relocation brackets?

7) Does this kit come with Quick Discos?

8) Do you need to mess with your pinion angle after this kit ?

9) Having said all the above, what would you put as a complete set of accessories to compliment this kit, to maintain ride quality.

I know for some of you this stuff comes easy, and I grasp the basic concept of the kit and the install as well, but after you read yourself dizzy you start to worry about all kinds of things (caster, rub, pinion, links, etc)-- and there are a multiplicities of answers on these topics, just trying to get a consensus, and you want to get it right, and not constantly be worrying if something is wrong.

Maybe this will help some other novices, having all this information in one place, and if its all in one place somewhere else, sorry, and please point me to it

If I could get a complete understanding of what was needed after the cost of the kit itself, I'd be more confident in my path, but theoretically it would be TF Performance Leveling Kit, Rubi Shocks, Quick Discos, 33/34's on some 16"s and that'd be my long term solution at the suspension. (plus bumpers, some lights, and some differential protectors, now we're talking!)

Last edited by itsajeepthing; 07-28-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Wheel Spacers

Looks good, do you have wheel spacers on it?

Originally Posted by ludski
heres the teraflex leveling kit (spacers) sits nice and level.
ordered the kit from dave at northridge for $130. comes with all parts needed.
can clear 34" tires with no cutting of frame or fenders. im really happy with how it turned out. been running it for 6 months now with no problems.
installed in my garage in about 3 hours.
Attachment 187117Attachment 187118Attachment 187119Attachment 187122Attachment 187123
Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
So I've read, and read....and read. I'm trying to compile in one place, all the things that are, or are not needed, to compliment a TF Performance Leveling kit . Presuming an after market 16" wheel with a 4-5" BS.:

From the top:

2) Can you run 315/75/16 (34.6 they claim, but others say it's less) without rubbing at flares?

3) Do you need (read need as : Is it going to significantly change anything) adjustable lower control arms - what is impact of this kit on caster?

9) Having said all the above, what would you put as a complete set of accessories to compliment this kit, to maintain ride quality.

I know for some of you this stuff comes easy, and I grasp the basic concept of the kit and the install as well, but after you read yourself dizzy you start to worry about all kinds of things (caster, rub, pinion, links, etc)-- and there are a multiplicities of answers on these topics, just trying to get a consensus, and you want to get it right, and not constantly be worrying if something is wrong.

Maybe this will help some other novices, having all this information in one place, and if its all in one place somewhere else, sorry, and please point me to it

If I could get a complete understanding of what was needed after the cost of the kit itself, I'd be more confident in my path, but theoretically it would be TF Performance Leveling Kit, Rubi Shocks, Quick Discos, 33/34's on some 16"s and that'd be my long term solution at the suspension. (plus bumpers, some lights, and some differential protectors, now we're talking!)
I am currently running the performance levil kit. It comes with everything you need. I changed my shock to bilsteins jst for better handling. I'm running 32" tire with zero rubbing. A lot of guys on here are running 33"s on stock suspension and no rubbing issues. You don't need anything else than what the kit gives you. No it does not come with quick disco's. I didnt have to do anything after the lift but drive around and enjoy the new better ride.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
I am currently running the performance levil kit. It comes with everything you need. I changed my shock to bilsteins jst for better handling. I'm running 32" tire with zero rubbing. A lot of guys on here are running 33"s on stock suspension and no rubbing issues. You don't need anything else than what the kit gives you. No it does not come with quick disco's. I didnt have to do anything after the lift but drive around and enjoy the new better ride.
Awesome info. Keep it coming, if a consensus starts to form, I'll put answers underneath my questions, and hopefully this thread becomes a useful tool. 4dr'ers out there have input?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

any one else...
Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Honestly the kit is complete as it comes.. I ran the spacers for about 6 months w/out any issues. Just as long as you install it properly you shouldn't run into any issues.

Yes

Yes and no.. just DD you may not rub, but once you hit a trail it will.. this is where you might be better with flat flares

I honestly am not sure since I only ran 33's while my kit was on.

My caster didn't change that significantly that I would go spend the extra money for the LCAs. In fact I (correct me if I'm wrong) don't think any member running this kit had to go this far to correct caster.

I think my front axle shifted 1/4".. maybe even less

Q: What size bump stop extensions should I install with my lift?
A: Typically, you'll want bump stop extensions that are approximately as tall as the lift you just installed on your Jeep. In other words, if you lift your jeep 2", you'll want bump stop extensions that are about 2" tall. Now, I do say 'typically' as this is just a guide to follow and not necessarily a rule. Depending on the actual height of the coil, thickness of the wire used and the amount of winds it has, the rules can change.

I believe that this falls into the non typical field where bump stop extensions are NOT needed.. I know I never saw a need for them.

Not at all..

No it does not

No you will not.. you should be fine with with anything less the 2"

Like I said before this kit comes really complete as it is.. If you want to improve the ride quality possibly new shocks, but not necessarily needed. Nothing really changed in the ride quality other then the fact that it rides like a Jeep now..

Get the kit.. put it on and enjoy!!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kmack84
Honestly the kit is complete as it comes.. I ran the spacers for about 6 months w/out any issues. Just as long as you install it properly you shouldn't run into any issues.

Yes

Yes and no.. just DD you may not rub, but once you hit a trail it will.. this is where you might be better with flat flares

I honestly am not sure since I only ran 33's while my kit was on.

My caster didn't change that significantly that I would go spend the extra money for the LCAs. In fact I (correct me if I'm wrong) don't think any member running this kit had to go this far to correct caster.

I think my front axle shifted 1/4".. maybe even less

Q: What size bump stop extensions should I install with my lift?
A: Typically, you'll want bump stop extensions that are approximately as tall as the lift you just installed on your Jeep. In other words, if you lift your jeep 2", you'll want bump stop extensions that are about 2" tall. Now, I do say 'typically' as this is just a guide to follow and not necessarily a rule. Depending on the actual height of the coil, thickness of the wire used and the amount of winds it has, the rules can change.

I believe that this falls into the non typical field where bump stop extensions are NOT needed.. I know I never saw a need for them.

Not at all..

No it does not

No you will not.. you should be fine with with anything less the 2"

Like I said before this kit comes really complete as it is.. If you want to improve the ride quality possibly new shocks, but not necessarily needed. Nothing really changed in the ride quality other then the fact that it rides like a Jeep now..

Get the kit.. put it on and enjoy!!
Absolutely killed it!!!!!!

If you keep say, Rubi shocks, but want to keep the bigger tires from stuffing into wheel wells, do 1.75" bumpstop extensions exist? And if so, by adding extensions, but keeping the same size shock, will you compromise the performance of the shock itself?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...puck-bumpstops

Here is a neat little trick for your bump stop issues.. As for the shock performance being compromised I haven't read/heard/or found any evidence that this will happen once the kit was installed.. I did days/hours/and months worth of reading before I did this too so if there was any potential issues I would have found it.

Quick Reply: TF Leveling Kit: What Else is Needed