Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tf leveling kit or rough country 2.5?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What ends up happening is that people get a leveling kit, then a few months later get a 2.5" lift. Just get the 2.5" and save yourself the trouble.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by RubiKing
What ends up happening is that people get a leveling kit, then a few months later get a 2.5" lift. Just get the 2.5" and save yourself the trouble.
So true. The best customer is the one that buys the leveling kit, then a 2.5" then a 3" then............
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wazooz2424

what about bump stops for the spacer lift? still need them.
Well you would have to get the shocks with the spacer lift as well... Again, I'm not high on Rough Country.. Just saying... A spacer lift is a spacer lift..
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bearstylez
Well you would have to get the shocks with the spacer lift as well... Again, I'm not high on Rough Country.. Just saying... A spacer lift is a spacer lift..
why would you have to get the shocks? the spacer kit comes with shock extensions. looks like you would have to either order their shocks or buy bump stops. not all spacer lifts are created equal. the RC uses shock extensions that mount to the bottom of the front shock, where-as the TF extensions thread onto the top the front shocks. the TF BB kit also comes with bump stops.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

I've had my 2.5 RC lift for about 6 months now, stayed with the factory gas shocks, put Nitto 33's on her and couldn't be happier!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can we get an answer to the question... After buying the RC Series II Spacer kit.. should we or do we need to get Bump Stops? If so which ones?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

So true. The best customer is the one that buys the leveling kit, then a 2.5" then a 3" then............
I guess I'm the second best type. ; )
Started with 2.5 coil lift (TF) less than 6 months ago. Wheeled it once. Looking to grow up to a 4".
I have actually been trying to decide what the next best move is. Would it be more cost effective to buy a whole new 4" kit (short arm) or upgrade components from my 2.5"? I have been looking at your site trying to figure this out but haven't been able to determine the best course.

To the OP, I highly suggest wheeling it (if you plan to wheel) or check out some other rigs before buying. If its budget concerns, be patient and save for what you want. Once the bug bites you the infection spreads quickly!! ; )
Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
Dont be fooled by the RC price. It doesn't have bump stops, longer sway bar links for the rear, or drop brackets for the rear brake lines. Add about 75-100 minimum to the price.

Having installed both kits, I'd say the teraflex leveling kit is better quality.
X2! You will end up paying more for bump stops plus sway bar links. And the rear spacer will not hold the coil in place. Mine just about came off! Isn't the rear TF spacer also a retainer?

Edit: Just noticed they have one with swaybar links. Still need bumpstops though. And I think the design of the TF shock extensions is better.

Last edited by ChopN; 01-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChopN
X2! And I think the design of the TF shock extensions is better.
This is such a generalization, care to explain why? Some say the opposite as the RC is not just a wearable rubber spacer like AEV and Terra

Last edited by Lotus F1; 01-13-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: tf leveling kit or rough country 2.5?