Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF leveling kit or AEV 2" spacer lift ?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TF leveling kit or AEV 2" spacer lift ?

Trying to decide which one to purchase. Novice so advise is needed. What are the pro's and con's ? Have xmas cash but need to spend it now before my wife finds it.

Running 33's (Durtrac's) on stock 18's with spidertrax spacers.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

honestly, a spacer lift is a spacer lift is a spacer lift. in spite of what some may suggest, they'll all get the job done just fine and you'll just need to determine how much money you want to spend.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
honestly, a spacer lift is a spacer lift is a spacer lift. in spite of what some may suggest, they'll all get the job done just fine and you'll just need to determine how much money you want to spend.
Wow, OK. thought there would have been differences between the two outside of $$$$$.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

AEV comes with sway bar drop links, which I think are important. I don't know if Terra Flex provides these or not. Also, AEV's engineers are former Jeep engineers, and they claim one is the guy who developed the TJ and JK suspensions. Those are the reasons I went with AEV.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the response.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

The Teraflex comes with longer sway at links as well. I have the TF and I'm very happy with it, it was very easy to install and it's a good bang for the buck.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Read some other posts about the TF having rubbing issues on the driver side spring but havent seen anything about the same issue with the AEV ?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Remington19
Read some other posts about the TF having rubbing issues on the driver side spring but havent seen anything about the same issue with the AEV ?
No rubbing issues with mine. I think that is just a matter of making sure the bolts/nuts/links are all installed the proper direction. And yes, the Leveling Kit does come with longer sway links.

Like Wayoflife said...a spacer lift is just a spacer lift. Save your money and go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Remington19
No rubbing from mine. The only issue I had was very slight. I was backing up with the wheels turned all the way left. The passenger side front tire was pushed up on a dirt pile, as far as it would articulate. It very slightly rubbed the plastic air dam, but not enough to bother it. I'll be getting rid of that air dam soon, anyway, and replacing it with some sort of skid plate, such as a Skid Row or something like that. I wheeled all the rest of the day without a repeat occurrence.

By the way, I'm running 255/80/17 KM2's on stock rims with no wheel spacers. Tire size and wheel backspacing will probably have more to do with rubbing than anything else.

One nice thing I learned: The shock extensions and brake line extensions on the AEV do their job. I don't think I lost any articulation at all from stock.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Save your money and go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit.
Well if that is the case then better to go with Rough Country 2.5 kit at $139.00 no?

Quick Reply: TF leveling kit or AEV 2" spacer lift ?