Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF leveling kit+35"s ?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdubb1031

He's referring to the pinch seam weld, I believe, and yes there is a good chance this will come in to play. do a search, most people cut it off or bend it with a BFH. Sand, paint and you're good.. easy mod..
This one ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3355720939.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	220316  
Old 10-07-2011, 03:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think 35" will not get in with this front bumper even with the leveling kit

What do you think ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3929125179.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	220317  
Old 10-07-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Yes to your pinch seam question, directly in front of the rear tire is what they're talking about. I have a pic of mine with 35's and there is 1" of space on level ground.

To your bumper, is it possible for you to clip the ends of it? I think it'd be fine for straight driving but I'm thinking that when you turn that you'll contact it there (if you can visualize the mass of tire rotating there. Also, think about how much your nose drops when you drop it into reverse. Are you going to be able to turn and put it in reverse??

My stubby bumper alleviated these issues for me so I can't say for sure if you'll rub or not.

Pics to maybe help this was just 4dr coils, wheel spacers, and obviously my stubby bumper.

Try to draw a line down from the flare, unfortunately these are the only pics I have on the phone.
Dude your jeep looks sweet what size tires are those exactly?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes to your pinch seam question, directly in front of the rear tire is what they're talking about. I have a pic of mine with 35's and there is 1" of space on level ground.

To your bumper, is it possible for you to clip the ends of it? I think it'd be fine for straight driving but I'm thinking that when you turn that you'll contact it there (if you can visualize the mass of tire rotating there. Also, think about how much your nose drops when you drop it into reverse. Are you going to be able to turn and put it in reverse??

My stubby bumper alleviated these issues for me so I can't say for sure if you'll rub or not.

Pics to maybe help this was just 4dr coils, wheel spacers, and obviously my stubby bumper.

Try to draw a line down from the flare, unfortunately these are the only pics I have on the phone.
If the bumper is the only problem , i can afford 35"s and XHD short bumper for now with the leveling kit but how will it be on the sands ? Will it rub with the sway bar links on ?

Do i need bumpstops ?

And can i offroad it on the sand at least without the flat fenders

Thank you , your jk looks sweet with 35"s
Old 10-07-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

It depends how your sand wheeling is. Honestly- here it is really flat and there isn't a lot of suspension travel needed. So I would absolutely get the leveling kit and run 35's up and down the beach all day. You'll want bumpstops to keep the tires off of your fenders but if it doesn't bother you then you don't 'need; bumpstops. With the rubi wheels and wheel spacers I had no rubbing on seay bar links or any os the suspension on flat ground.

This was a very temporary situation since they're actually my friend's tires but he was nice enough to let me borrow them for a day to see how it would work. As far as flat fenders go, they are needed when you are doing some crazy flex but you have no desire to rub your flares. Again, to be honest- if I rip off a flare then I wouldn't much mind. But clipping your stock fender flares will achieve the same end result.

Now if you're doing jumps and all that in kuwait then you will really want the bumpstops and such.
How was the power loss with 35"s ?
Is yours 6-speed or auto ? And what gears?

I wont do any flexing before i put the flat fenders on but if i did some without disconnecting the links how bad will it be for the stock flares ?

And do i need bumpstops with the flat flares for extreme flexing ?

And thank you very much
Old 10-07-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a TF leveling kit, 35x12.5 MTR's and flat fenders and there is 0 rub, even at full flex disconnected. I also drove around a bit with this setup before I got the fenders and around town, you are fine and will not rub.

If you disconnect when on the dunes, you will rub your fenders.

On my setup, I did NOT put longer bumpstops on and it is fine. I also added shock extensions and brake extensions to maximum articulation. About the only limiter on this setup is the approach and departure angle. I flatten my tailpipe at nearly every rocky excursion!

As for the gear questions. I upgraded to 4.88 (I have a 6 speed as well). For me, stock was 4.10 and that wasn't horrible. A bit sluggish, but not horrible. 4.88's really woke it up though and I have plenty of power up and down hills. Gas millage.... about 14-15mpg and running at 3000 rpm's at 70....

Josh
Old 10-07-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Infinity
I have a TF leveling kit, 35x12.5 MTR's and flat fenders and there is 0 rub, even at full flex disconnected. I also drove around a bit with this setup before I got the fenders and around town, you are fine and will not rub.

If you disconnect when on the dunes, you will rub your fenders.

On my setup, I did NOT put longer bumpstops on and it is fine. I also added shock extensions and brake extensions to maximum articulation. About the only limiter on this setup is the approach and departure angle. I flatten my tailpipe at nearly every rocky excursion!

As for the gear questions. I upgraded to 4.88 (I have a 6 speed as well). For me, stock was 4.10 and that wasn't horrible. A bit sluggish, but not horrible. 4.88's really woke it up though and I have plenty of power up and down hills. Gas millage.... about 14-15mpg and running at 3000 rpm's at 70....

Josh
Mine is a sahara , i dont know what gears i have but they are not 4.10

I think ill go for it , i dont care that much about gas milage

Can you post pics of your jk with the flat fenders?

Thank you
Old 10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a link to the thread with pics of my install: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ng-Kit-oh-yeah...

Also, my Jeep started life as a Sahara as well. I didn't think I had 4.10's until my installer called me to ask if I still wanted the 4.88's. I was a bit shocked to say the least.

Josh
Old 10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Infinity
Here is a link to the thread with pics of my install: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ng-Kit-oh-yeah...

Also, my Jeep started life as a Sahara as well. I didn't think I had 4.10's until my installer called me to ask if I still wanted the 4.88's. I was a bit shocked to say the least.

Josh
Thank you , great jk

Quick Reply: TF leveling kit+35"s ?