Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF Hinge and Mount Question

Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Hinge and Mount Question

Anyone else using the TF hinge and mount have the tire rubbing/touching the hinge? I am using a stock wheel, so I understand that it will sit closer to the hinge, but I did not think it would be up against the hinge.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gammo12
Anyone else using the TF hinge and mount have the tire rubbing/touching the hinge? I am using a stock wheel, so I understand that it will sit closer to the hinge, but I did not think it would be up against the hinge.
Mine is close but no rubbing. I have a 4.75 backspaced wheel though with room to spare (pun intended) for adjustment out further. If you are adjusted all the way out, you may look at picking up a cheap wheel spacer.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Here is what it looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tire tf 3.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	413068
Click image for larger version

Name:	tire tf 1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	413069
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with having the tire against the hinge portion, that will help keep it from jiggling around.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Nothing wrong with having the tire against the hinge portion, that will help keep it from jiggling around.
Thank you. I appreciate your input. Just seemed a little too tight in there. Is there a point where it is too tight and can be a concern?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Thank you. I appreciate your input. Just seemed a little too tight in there. Is there a point where it is too tight and can be a concern?
I would say cranking the lug nuts down and having the studs pull out would be too tight. Otherwise you'll be fine, it's better to have that tire snug against it than jiggly.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

I would say cranking the lug nuts down and having the studs pull out would be too tight. Otherwise you'll be fine, it's better to have that tire snug against it than jiggly.
Ok. Thank you. So you're saying if the lug nuts are too tight then that would put a lot of stress on the studs?

Trending Topics

Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Ok. Thank you. So you're saying if the lug nuts are too tight then that would put a lot of stress on the studs?
If you have a stock carrier yes, if you have a TeraFlex one I wouldn't even worry.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

If you have a stock carrier yes, if you have a TeraFlex one I wouldn't even worry.
I've got the hinge and mount. I'll throw the tire back on and I'll let you know if there are any other issues that come up. Thank you!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Throw a spacer on it. Problem solved

Quick Reply: TF Hinge and Mount Question