Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF or FT?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grmncrsnbr
Picking up my rig with FT 3in Long arm and bilstien 5100s tonight, I'll post a review.
Awesome!!! thanks for the purchase
Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Although I was working on buying a JK unlimited with the TF suspension installed and was very excited about having that setup. Through a strange corse of events I ended up with a 07 JK Unlimited with the FT Unlimited Long Arm installed. So I can really only speak to the FT setup.

First make sure if your not doing the install you go someplace reputable. Again mine was done by the previous owner and who ever did the install sucked. So this means I had several talks and emails with the guys at FT. Chris who posted in the thread is one of them. Great support answered my questions sent me docs that I needed and found 2 major problems with the install that where all straight forward to correct.

Yes the on road ride is great. With the Sway bar disconnected or I now run the Currie AntiRock the suspension travel is great. I am running the Rancho 9000, I like my ProComp MX6's on my TJ better than the Rancho's, not saying Rancho's are bad just like the ProComp's better.

Nice thing about the FT, if you run the 3" it's just a spring change to go to the 4" or the 6" lift down the road. I was told by the guy I bought my jeep from it had the 4" lift, I really think it's the 3" and I am running 35's with no problem.

Also upgraded to their SRS system, although the older system is rebuildable and has several advantages I am much happier with the SRS system. Very quite and I don't have to grease fittings anymore.

If you decide to upgrade your skid plates with the FT lift, do your homework. I am using the Rock Hard skid system and had to make several modifications in order for it to fit.

As several people have mentioned, both companies are good and lots of hard core guys run both so either choice you can't go wrong.

Best of luck on what ever you go with.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Monterrey
So, I've done my research and I've narrowed my options to either the Teraflex full flex arm 4" lift or the Full traction Ultimate suspension system with the hydro shocks (or the M Force Nitro shocks if they are really worth the extra $200). I'll be running these with either 35" km2 or Trail grapplers and I want the best ride quality since this is my DD, any input would be greatly appreciated.
I was looking at both of those and went with a rock krawler. I installed it 2 weeks ago and it is awesome. They make some heavy duty control arms and track bars!! I understand now why they have the lifetime warranty.Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	159017 3.5 inch lift with 37S
Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdvoodoo
I was looking at both of those and went with a rock krawler. I installed it 2 weeks ago and it is awesome. They make some heavy duty control arms and track bars!! I understand now why they have the lifetime warranty.Attachment 159017 3.5 inch lift with 37S
Nice Jeep! Rock Krawler is fantastic!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2.5" TF lift and added an adjustable trackbar. Nothing but good things to say.

But between FT amd TF, flip a coin. You will be pleased with either one.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

I'm looking at changing my set-up. The TF kit was what I was considering. I'm currently running a 2" Pro-Comp spacer lift with Bilsteins and 33's.
I want to go to 35's and get some more flex.
Thanks for all the input.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Nav
JK Newbie

Here are some pics of a couple easy obstacles I was on a few weeks ago. I have a 3" FT lift with Bilstein 5100's. I only have the front and rear upper control arms and I thought I would upgrade the lowers at a later time when money isn't an issue, but so far I love the ride so much, I'm not sure if I will even bother with the lower arms.

I was just like the OP, then finally decided on FT, but I think I woulda been happy with either lift
Old 05-11-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Picked up my Jeep today after having the Full Traction 3in Long Arm kit installed.
E-disco is limiting flex, need quick discos

warning poser shots ahead

Day132 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

NewLift2 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

NewLift1 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

Shot by my buddy (he used my post process filter)

Old 05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
* oh and hansen65 , nice dent !
What can I say.

Mud + Rocks = Dents

Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Had our TeraFlex Long Arms installed just before Moab. Performed great...nice ride, arms are beefy ...oh and customer service is top notch