Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF or FT?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF or FT?

So, I've done my research and I've narrowed my options to either the Teraflex full flex arm 4" lift or the Full traction Ultimate suspension system with the hydro shocks (or the M Force Nitro shocks if they are really worth the extra $200). I'll be running these with either 35" km2 or Trail grapplers and I want the best ride quality since this is my DD, any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can run a TeraFlex 3" with those 35's. Are you planning on adding bumpers and sliders?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

I had the same dilemma a few months back and went the Full Traction route with the 3" ultimate. I am running 35's with cut fenders. I am very happy with it. I got the Bilstein 5100 shocks and it rides better then stock. My dad went with the 2.5" Terraflex lift just to be different. His also rides nice. He has the stock 32's still with stock fenders. To be honest I like the ride of the Full Traction kit with the Bilsteins better than the Terraflex. My dad's 2 door just feels a little too soft and wobbly.

Here is a picture of mine after the new lift went on:

I tried to find some pictures with it flexed out but can't seem to find the folder I put them in. Both the front and rear tires have a couple inches clearance at full stuff with no rubbing.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think both are good. You can thank me latter for being absolutely no help.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
JK Junkie

Don't feel bad im going through the same dilemma, one day I'm thinking Full Traction and then I see the videos Teraflex puts and I'm like "Teraflex all the way". I know both companies are excellent choices and will be happy with either one. I just wish some one would post a pic of two JK's next to each other, one riding on a Teraflex lift and the other a Full Traction lift. See now I'm confusing myself again .... damn it. The one thing I'm sure about is that whatever lift I will my JK will be using the OME shocks.

* oh and hansen65 , nice dent !

Last edited by Sapper12b; 05-09-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with teraflex 4" full flex and defntly love it. Ride is great. Got a couple more inches outta it also. This pic is with my stock wheels and tires. Gettn my 35s mounted in the morning. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110510_041039.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	158979  
Old 05-10-2011, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Picking up my rig with FT 3in Long arm and bilstien 5100s tonight, I'll post a review.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Both TF & FT make great products. I'm partial to FT and went with the 4" long arm kit. If you can afford the long arm, I highly recommend it! I love the ride quality on and off road. The offroad performance is amazing; agile and lots of flex.

Good luck and post some before and after pics.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by JK-Monterrey
So, I've done my research and I've narrowed my options to either the Teraflex full flex arm 4" lift or the Full traction Ultimate suspension system with the hydro shocks (or the M Force Nitro shocks if they are really worth the extra $200). I'll be running these with either 35" km2 or Trail grapplers and I want the best ride quality since this is my DD, any input would be greatly appreciated.
We no longer offer the M-Force shock. I do recommend the Bilstein 5100's. Yes they are more than the hydro shock but its worth it. A hydro shock will ride OK, but not as good as a gas charged shock.

Our kits use high end FK Heim joints along with torsion rubber to make the kits noise and maintenance free.

If you have any questions please ask.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

i think either kit you get you will be happy. both companies make great products